SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the proper, efficient, and expedient operation of shift, adhering to company policy and procedure as to ensure the shift contributes to the overall success of the C-Store operation as it relates to EBIDA, guest service, and safety.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Must possess effective communication skills. Six months of retail or cash handling experience.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
No general or preferred qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintains exemplary guest service.
- Upholds FKCH COVID-19 Requirements and ensures all guests are wearing a face covering.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of EPA C Operator requirements.
- Responsible for the initial response to alarms, releases, spills, overfills, and unusual operational conditions.
- Assists Management in maintaining total interior and exterior appearance to FireKeepers standards, including cleaning, stocking, sweeping and mopping as needed.
- Adheres to all Tribal, State, and Federal laws and regulations, including those regarding the sale of tobacco and alcohol.
- Obtains guest identification and completes age verification on all tobacco and alcohol sales.
- Maintains familiarity with C-Store prices.
- Communicates with Management any and all discrepancies in sales, cash, inventory, and other areas.
- Completes Daily Cycle Count.
- Accurately rings all sales through Point of Sale. Accurately accounts and controls cash in drawer to be within Company guidelines.
- Monitors competitors’ retail gasoline pricing and reports changes to Management. Changes posted retail gasoline prices as directed by management and/or in accordance with guidelines set forth by Management.
- Protects and regards Company assets at all times.
- Keeps all retail merchandise, including hot/cold/frozen beverage service, cooler and freezer, fully stocked, fronted, and straight at all times.
- Shovels snow and spreads salt on sidewalks and around pump islands. Clears snow and ice from all fuel dispensers.
- Accurately records date and time of any shoveling and/or salting.
- Checks refrigeration equipment for proper performance, recording temperature as directed by Management.
- Reports all maintenance problems, accidents, security issues and other emergencies to Management, Company personnel, Tribal police, and/or local law enforcement.
- Cleans, stocks, maintains car wash and equipment as directed by Management.
- Responsible for initial response to guest issue/concern with exterior equipment: fuel pumps, vacuums, air service, and car wash.
- Issues RV Parking Space documents to guests, obtains respective signature and files accordingly.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.