SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for dealing assigned game accurately and with a professional and proficient manner in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and in compliance with Gaming Regulations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. One year Poker Room experience or successful completion of FKCH Poker Dealer School. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be at least 18 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Three years’ experience in casino operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for the protection and control of the game being dealt, i.e. Limit and No Limit Texas Hold’em, Limit Omaha 8OB, Pot Limit Omaha and other poker games variants or Blackjack and its derivatives.
- Conducts games in accordance with the FKCH policies and procedures, handling guest transactions and notifying Management of any irregularities.
- Deals the games in accordance with company policies and procedures; greets new guests providing information about the game; answers any questions and provides instructions to the guests as needed.
- Promotes positive relations on a continual basis by calling for servers and table fills, while maintaining a clean area.
- Advises Poker Supervisor when cash exchanges are necessary.
- Responsible for collecting the rake at the end of each bet and upon completion of the game, dropping the rake into the table drop box; assuring accuracy of the rake count.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the game, and providing an enjoyable experience for guests.
- Maintains knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (Tribal, federal, state, etc.) and associated regulations as well as the company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.