SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the preparation of all foods requiring pre-opening preparation, ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operation on a scheduled shift is completed in accordance with company specifications and standards.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
No general or preferred qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for preparing salads, dressings, canapé’s, and other cold dishes.
- Responsible for preparing sandwiches on short order or in quantities.
- Maintains quantities of coffee and tea throughout the shift.
- Performs as a Team Member with Cooks, Stewards, Supervisors, Chefs, Servers, and pertinent company Team Members in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Follows all recipes and control procedures.
- Slices cold meat and cheese and portions items.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State Health Regulations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.