SCOPE OF POSITION:
Revenue Auditor is responsible for the timely and accurate completion and documentation of all audits and reports of the daily revenues. The Revenue Auditor performs as the first line of review for all financial- and revenue-related functions to ensure compliance with all Internal Controls. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the FireKeepers Casino Hotel policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Must possess effective communication, organization, and analytic skills. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills. Must be proficient in use of 10-key calculator/adding machine. Must be at least 18 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Some college courses in accounting or related area. Experience with audits. Proficiency in applicable software highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all audits, reconciliations and reviews of system- and manually-generated reports, documentation and other supporting information.
- Retrieve documents from various locations throughout property and safely and securely transport documents to/from Accounting.
- Sort, review, register and prepare documentation for audit processes.
- Maintain integrity and monitoring of controlled documents via use of registers, audit, review and procedures for assignment of documents.
- Review all documents for completeness, authenticity, authorization, accuracy and proper use.
- Generate and review system reports and reconcile reports to manually-generated reports.
- Enter system and manual reports into audit spreadsheets and review data entry for accuracy.
- Interpret results of audit spreadsheet for reasonability and investigate any unexpected or unreasonable deviations.
- Communicate professionally with various department managers regarding documentation either missing or not adhering to established SOP’s and Internal Controls; to inquire about any aspect of processes or documents to permit the accurate completion of daily audits; or to notify departments of discrepancies, missing documentation or other anomalies.
- Research all cash variations exceeding predetermined thresholds and report results to Revenue Audit and/or Financial Department management.
- Review account balances at predetermined frequencies and cooperate with Accounting staff to prepare periodic reconciliations.
- Assist with monitoring of all financial activities on property, with respect to Revenue Audit, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, the Tribal Council, the Gaming Commission and all regulatory bodies.
- Ensure adherence to all confidentiality requirements regarding all information, verbal or documented, to which the auditor has been provided directly or indirectly.
- Ensure the integrity of all facets of the Revenue Audit process and perform assignments in a pleasant, friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Attend and participate in all department meetings, training sessions and other sessions as directed by management.
- Perform as a team player in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be available to work at times extending beyond regularly-scheduled hours.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, lift boxes weighing up to 50lbs and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.