SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for properly executing security duties on assigned shift, to adequately protect the life and property of guests, Team Members and the company’s property.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Excellent communication skills. Must be 21 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year experience in law enforcement or gaming security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Generates necessary written reports regarding security-related incidents involving guests, Team Members and/or the property.
- Escorts and observes guests and Team Members, to ensure their safety and protection; identifies potential safety hazards and reports findings to the appropriate individual, for proper resolution.
- Becomes familiar with hazardous materials used on property, and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Acts as a dispatcher during emergency situations, and coordinates solutions to same; informs outside agencies of any unusual or suspicious situations on property.
- Operates company vehicles as directed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the company’s facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow Team Members.
- Ensures safe transportation of company moneys and gaming tokens; assists in the opening and closing of the gaming tables.
- Interacts with guests and Team Members in a positive, professional manner.
- Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitate the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Maintains a series of keys, accessing locked areas as necessary.
- Accepts identification from all persons who appear to be undr the legal age, to ensure compliance with state and federal gaming regulations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.