First Peoples Fund is dedicated to its mission, which is to honor and support the Collective Spirit® of First Peoples artists and culture bearers. By joining our team, you will be joining a growing and progressive organization. We welcome applicants with diverse skill sets and experiences. First Peoples Fund offers competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance and the option to participate in its Simple IRA pension plan.
Please review full position description on our website at https://www.firstpeoplesfund.org/careers
If interested in applying, please review the full position description on our website. We request a cover letter and resume with any supporting documentation, you may want to share. These materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About First Peoples Fund
Job Duties Summary (Full position description can be viewed at https://www.firstpeoplesfund.org/careers)
The Program Weaver is a member of the leadership team and plays a central role in integrating and supporting the programs of the First Peoples Fund to grow the Indigenous Arts Ecology. The Program Weaver will work closely with the Vice President of Operations and Programs to provide oversight and management of the program staff and programs. The programs include fellowship programs; re-grant programs, culture bearer honoring programs, as well as training and support programs designed for artists and community partners. The Program Weaver works collaboratively with FPF youth, individual and community program managers to implement community development activities, as well as working with the Storytracker/Data Analyst to develop data collection tools that support connecting programs. Also works closely with the Advancement & Communications team and program staff to define and track grant deliverables during the fundraising and grants management processes, as well as provide input on marketing & communications efforts. With strong skills in collaboration, community development, leadership cultivation, and relationship building, this position will help weave together intersections and common framework and tools across departments while applying these skills into program design and evaluation within the work. The Program Weaver will be advised by a team of culture bearers and be responsible for the integration of their traditional knowledge, wisdom, and values into all aspects of the programming from evaluation tools to the curriculum to leadership development to networking strategies.
Administration: Specific responsibilities, but not limited to, include the following;
- Participates in strategic planning, budget and proposal development, and other organizational activities.
- Responsible for regular reporting requirements as requested or required by the organization.
- Assist with organizing program and project meetings, workshops, conferences, and special events to advance program goals.
Education/Experience (minimum, please see full job description)
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Community Development / Business or related field and five years’ experience, or comparable combination of education and experience providing organization and administrative support, preferably for nonprofit and/or Native corporations.
- Background in community development and leadership cultivation, with exceptional skills in building and maintaining partnerships through collaboration.
- An understanding and awareness of the Native arts and culture field, as well as a broad knowledge of tribal communities and cultures across North America.
- Experience managing grant-funded programs and with grant administration
- Preferred experience working with Community Development Financial Institutions
- Proven track record of effective event coordination.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to understand and create budgets.
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office Suite (with particular knowledge of Excel spreadsheets); Google Suite, Basecamp
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team