ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
First Peoples Fund is a national non-profit organization founded in 1995. Its mission is to honor and support the Collective Spirit® of First Peoples artists and culture bearers. Collective Spirit® manifests a self-awareness and sense of responsibility to sustain the cultural fabric of a community. Collective Spirit® moves each of us to stand up and make a difference, pass on ancestral knowledge and simply extend a hand of generosity. First Peoples Fund recognizes the power of art and culture to bring about positive change in Native communities, beginning with individual artists and their families.
Through grants and awards, FPF provides Native artists, culture bearers, and cultural practitioners with monetary support, networks, financial services and training to flourish as entrepreneurs and community leaders. Through community and youth development programs, First Peoples Fund supports the work of artists and culture bearers to teach cultural and entrepreneurial practices, deepen artistic and cultural identity and increase their access to financial resources.
First Peoples Fund seeks an Evaluation and Research Intern interested in learning about and contributing to the fields of evaluation and research in the arts. In this capacity, the intern will assist with the analysis of program data and the development of dashboards on Salesforce to present the impact of programs on individuals and communities.
Pre-screen: Upon offer, employees must complete and pass a background check.
Pay & Time Frame:
This is a part-time, temporary position.
15 hours a week at $15 an hour.
This position will start on 2/19/24 and end on 5/10/24 (or end of semester/quarter, depending on academic schedule)
Location/Travel Requirements: This position is remote.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with design and development of data dashboards
- Analyze data to help tell the story of our programs and participants
- Assist in developing and running reports
- Develop organizational documents
- Update data records
- Other duties, as needed
What you will learn/gain:
- Salesforce administration. Managing databases and understanding database infrastructure.
- Other administrative skills including project management, workload management, meeting deadlines, etc. in a remote environment.
- How to apply database infrastructure to evaluation and assessment.
- Experience working with and communicating directly with a non-profit team.
- Exposure to local, regional and national networks relevant to our work.
- File management – Filing and organizing electronic documents.
- How data connects various operating units within an organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- This internship position is only open to currently enrolled college students.
- This position is open to all majors. Preference may be given to those with a background in Math, Data Analysis, Ethnic Studies, and/or the Arts.
- Proficient in Google Workspace
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively
- Strong ability to complete tasks on time
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to learn from and contribute to the First Peoples Fund organization
First Peoples Fund does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
First Peoples Fund participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. First Peoples Fund will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
First Peoples Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, status as a covered veteran, or other military status.