Health Services Associate Director
Full Time Position
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please see our website at www.fdlrez.com. Go to programs/staff benefits.
Location: Human Services – As Designated
Supervisor: Human Services Director
Closing Date: October 3, 2022
Rate of Pay/Range of Pay: DOQ
The Health Services Associate Director is part of the executive management team of the Human Services Division and works with the Director and other Associate Director’s to provide for the continual operations of all Human Service Division programs. The Health Services Associate Director manages the Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy Departments or as designated by the Human Services Director.
- Personnel Management – participates in employment decision related to hiring, evaluating, and when appropriate, disciplinary activities.
- Fiscal Management – develops and monitors program budgets and reports to assure compliance with identified spending guidelines.
- Develops revenue targets and monitors billing performance.
- Property Management – directs and participates in decisions related to the purchase of property and equipment for purposes of providing services to Indian people.
- Purchased Referred Care & Special Funds Review – monitors and evaluates services provided and spending decisions related to Purchase Referred Care and Special Fund services.
- Information Technology Analysis – directs and participates in decisions related to telecommunication, computer, and other related information systems.
- Represents Tribal position and concerns through appointments on various boards and committees.
Attends RBC meetings when appropriate.
- Is responsible for administering all aspects of Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy Departments or as designated by the Director.
- Serve as consultant to the Director when appropriate.
- Assumes the authority to act as the Director when the Director is absent.
- Attends meetings, conferences and other events as requested by the Director.
- Responsible for Continuous Quality Improvement and program evaluation.
- Responsible for development and review of department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and adhering to department disciplines for licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Be knowledgeable and ensure compliance with Tribal, Federal, and State rules and regulations governing Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy or as designated by the director.
- Keeping the Human Services Director informed of all aspects of Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy or as designated by the director.
- Responsible for planning, future expansion, and knowledge of best practice of Medical, Dental, Pharmacy or as designated by the director.
- Responsible for program development, capacity, and efficiencies in the facility operations of Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy or as designated by the director.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching and communication for Health Services Departments and have in depth knowledge of medical terminology.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to manage client/patient care experience, health informatics, record keeping, quality care and service.
- Oversees procurement of supplies and managing vendor relationships.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Master’s degree in Science, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Education or Public Administration is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in management of outpatient community clinic and/or hospital administration health care setting is required.
- Minimum of five years of executive level supervisory experience is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills experience is required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records experience is required.
- Excellent communication, listening, interpersonal, marketing, and public relation skills is required.
- Grant writing and management experience is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, cultures, customs and beliefs is required.
- Experience working with Native American clients, communities, and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
- Normal physical requirements
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
INCLUDE YOUR CREDITIALS AND RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Apply to: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road Cloquet, MN 55720