JOIN OUR JOURNEY!
As Program Manager you’ll report to and collaborate closely with the Chief of Programs and Learning to lead our Content Creation Lab (CCL), the crux of our youth-driven approach to content design. Building on several cycles of this initiative, you will work directly with global youth to create curricular content for school-based implementation around the world. You will join us at a critical juncture to manage the institutionalizing of our youth-driven content design process while leading the creation of an environmental justice curriculum for the State of California. In the longer-term, you will further develop the Content Creation Lab as a key lever for achieving Global Nomad’s focus on centering the perspectives and experiences of youth in marginalized communities. Are you ready to join us as we embark on this next phase of growth?!
- Status: Full-time exempt
- Salary: $75,000
- Location: Flexible
- Department: Programs
- Supervisor: Chief of Programs + Learning
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Center marginalized communities in every aspect of the project work
- Engage, motivate, and coach youth as you develop their leadership skills
- Supervise 2-3 intern coordinators
- Track multiple moving parts in a highly organized fashion as you manage a complex curriculum development project toward both internally and externally-driven deadlines and success metrics
- Teach complex concepts and leadership development skills
- Leverage strategic communication and political mapping skills to collaborate with multiple organizations
- Conduct targeted outreach to specific groups of youth while conducting the recruitment process for CCL cohorts
- Communicate respectfully with youth, ensuring their dignity and encouraging growth while holding them accountable and maintaining high quality standards
- Ensure alignment of youth work products to relevant curricular standard and frameworks
- Seek and respond to feedback with humility
- Exercise patience, persistence, flexibility and adaptability
YOU MUST HAVE
- 5+ years teaching or youth development experience
- 2+ years curriculum development experience
- 1+ years supervisory or professional coaching experience
- Deep understanding of the impact of social injustices on BIPOC, disabled, and other marginalized communities
WE’D LOVE IF YOU HAVE
- California middle school teaching experience
- Knowledge of California state standards
- Knowledge of inquiry- and project-based learning design and delivery, data-literacy approaches, equity-focused frameworks, and universal design for learning
- Knowledge of and passion for environmental justice
DON’T MEET EVERY REQUIREMENT?
We know that people come with all types of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Give us the chance to get to know you!
Send your cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “ROLE.” Please be sure to include how you heard about this opportunity. Additionally, let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Apply by DATE to be reviewed in the first round of applicants.
All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
About Global Nomads Group
To help create a just world in which every person's inherent worth and dignity is honored.
WHAT WE DO
Global Nomads Group offers perspective-shifting experiences designed by youth for youth.
Youth connect with their global peers virtually to explore and respond to the issues they care about most.
Youth-facilitated live conversations
GNG-facilitated live events with discussion groups
Short, asynchronous online courses
WHAT WE VALUE
WHAT WE OFFER
Comprehensive Health + Wellness Benefits
Organization-led Professional Development
Regionally Competitive Salaries
Flex Work Arrangement
WHO WE ARE - EQUITY STATEMENT
Global Nomads are a multicultural and multinational group of individuals from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We value the varied experiences of our colleagues and are inclusive of all members of our team in producing the best work products. We seek applicants who will contribute to our goal of building a strong, diverse, and thriving organization that is capable of producing outstanding results as it grows. We are an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about us, visit www.gng.org.