Administrative Assistant – Part-time
The Administrative Assistant position duties include data entry, answering phones, assisting associates, and maintaining paper and electronic files for the Elder Services programs. This is a part time position. The schedule will be determined by business needs. Scheduled attendance is an essential job function.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Under the direction of the Program Director, organize, maintain, and control a wide variety of paper and electronic confidential files.
· Provide general office services such as photocopy, fax, and drafting various forms of correspondence and communications.
· Performing light functions to assist in the preparation of documents and materials for community
· Processing expenses for VISTA AmeriCorps workers.
· Assisting program staff in administrative duties when relevant.
· Maintaining office supplies and equipment.
· Ensure communications and interactions delivered in a culturally competent manner.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to learn new data system for timely and accurate data entry.
· Elevated level of detail, with good organizational skills.
· Adept in the use of office equipment for printing, scanning and electronic filing.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality while being culturally sensitive to Program customer needs.
· Ability and demonstrated skills in following detailed instructions.
· Professionalism and consistency in a customer service environment.
High School Diploma or Equivalent Education; Associates degree in administrative assistance preferred. Minimum of three years’ experience working in a confidential office setting. Experience with a Native American Tribal organization and/or not-for-profit agency desirable; individual must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional demeanor and appearance; problem solving skills; ability to manage time effectively; self-motivation skills; work effectively under pressure; ability to build positive work relationships with internal and external customers; ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people. Individual must be able to follow routine instructions and apply logic in the solving of various computer related issues.
This is a part-time hourly opportunity with the worksite in Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin. The salary for this position is $15.00 per hour, Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 12:00pm or if determined to be otherwise, due to business needs. A background check and drug screen are required before employment.
**Only the most qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position is open until filled.
Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) is an equal opportunity employer applying Native American Preference as defined in Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 44-66 and 47, and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of GLITC to provide employment, compensation and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications of the job applied for, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law. As an equal opportunity employer, GLITC intends to comply fully with all federal and state laws and the information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. Disabled applicants may request a needed accommodation from the representative of the Human Resource Department, PO Box 9 Lac Du Flambeau, WI 54538 or phone (715) 588-1069 or (800) 872-7207.
About Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council office
Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council is a non-profit organization formed by the Native American Tribes of Wisconsin. We serve all WI tribes by providing administration of grant-funded programs either directly or with sub grants. Programs serve a range of functions from Children to Elders. Our Mission is: To Enhance the quality of life for all Native People.