GreenWave seeks a self-starting, team-oriented individual to fulfill our part-time Programs Assistant position to support our training and support program. Reporting to the Farmer Training Program Manager, the Programs Assistant will support the Farmer Training Program Manager and other programs staff with administrative duties and the execution of our training and support programming. The Programs Assistant is a new position, and will be an integral part of a growing, passionate, and hardworking team. This position may mature into a full-time opportunity as funding and programmatic needs evolve.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating meetings between GreenWave staff and outside partners
- Attending key partner meetings, taking minutes, and developing meeting summaries
- Assisting in the planning and execution of training program activities, such as webinars, workshops, and hands-on trainings
- Providing administrative support to the Programs Director and other staff, as needed
- Tracking and notifying staff of key events
- Coordinating travel itineraries for program staff, as needed
- Creating contacts and accounts, tracking program participation, and running reports in Salesforce
- Preparing project invoices for review and submission
- Assisting with annual impact reporting
- Managing email inbounds and correspondence with prospective trainees
- Coordinating the GreenWave Farmer Support Hotline
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment that requires adjusting to new challenges and thinking creatively to find solutions
Strong team building and interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals inside and outside the organization
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, communicate updates promptly and clearly, meet all deadlines, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Proactive, results oriented, and self-motivated
- Polite, clear, and compelling communication skills
- Exceptionally well organized and comfortable tracking and maintaining data in spreadsheets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office–particularly Excel, Slack, Google Suite, and Salesforce (or other CRM)
- Experience working with Indigenous and/or fishing communities
This is a part-time remote position that requires working with program staff in three time zones (EST, PST, AST). Occasional travel to support trainees and execute programming in southern New England, California, and Alaska may be required.
GreenWave is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive non-profit salary commensurate with experience, as well as health and retirement benefits, generous paid vacation, and holiday leave.Please send resume and cover letter to Kendall Barbery, Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and ‘Programs Assistant’ in the email subject line. In your cover letter, please let us know where you found this job description and include any experience you have working with Indigenous and/or fishing communities. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until June 4, 2021. Early submissions are encouraged.
GreenWave is a nonprofit organization that is reviving coastal communities with a new type of regenerative ocean farming that uses zero inputs, has myriad ecological benefits such as carbon and nitrogen sequestration, and works to provide food justice and quality jobs in places that need it. GreenWave works with farmers to launch and scale their businesses through a mix of training and innovation. Our high-and-low touch training ranges from an online seed-to-sale Ocean Farming Toolkit and region-specific workshops to hands-on internships and participation in our farmer support network. While the resources GreenWave creates support the emerging industry as a whole, we prioritize high-touch training and technical assistance support for Indigenous communities and fishermen directly impacted by climate change. Our innovation program works to scale markets and disseminate the latest farm, hatchery, and blue tech design throughout our farmer network.