**Job Id** E1959267
**Job Title** High-Speed Analog & Mixed-Signal PHY Design Engineer
**Post Date** 10/04/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Diego
**Job Overview** Qualcomm’s SerDes PHY Mixed-Signal design team is actively looking for senior analog and mixed-signal circuit designers to work on SerDes PHY designs. You will be directly involved in delivering next-generation PHY designs for SoCs and will be part of a growing SerDes design team involved in architecture analysis in leading-edge CMOS process technology nodes at 10nm and beyond. Design goals also include low-power analog designs to address Qualcomm’s low-power wireless products.
The primary responsibility of this position entails working within a team to deliver analog and mixed-signal transistor level circuit designs along with the physical layouts of the high speed circuits for high-speed, low-power PHY SerDes blocks.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** – A minimum of 3 years of transistor level analog design experience, preferably for high-speed SerDes, DDR or RF PHY applications.
– Experience in SerDes block level designs, e.g. transmitter, high speed VGA, CTLE, DEF, CDR, etc.
– Experience in designing op-amps, band gaps, differential amplifiers, VCO, PLL, DLL
– Experience in using SPICE simulators
– Scripting to automate circuit design and verification work
– Full-custom analog layout techniques and the ability to take a design and do all the layout extract verification and sign-off
**Preferred Qualifications** -Understanding of process effects on designs and layout
– Experience with Cadence Analog Artist
– Experience using schematic capture tools (Virtuoso preferred)
– Understanding on signal integrity in high speed wireline design is preferred
**Education Requirements** Required: Master’s, Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.