Location: Escondido- Outpatient
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 12 pm – 8:30 pm, Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm
WHAT YOU WILL DO: This position will provide direct services to clients located in the Outpatient part of the addiction recovery programs within Interfaith. Substance abuse counselors provide support to clients who are experiencing homelessness, have alcohol and/or drug addictions, mental health, and social/legal/economic barriers. Substance abuse counselors maintain a safe and secure environment for the clients, ensure clients adhere to program policies, and support the mission of Interfaith Community Services.
· Maintain a caseload as prescribed by supervisor
· Ensures a clean, safe and healthy environment for all clients
· Ensures the program areas are kept drug, alcohol and violence free
· Inform clients of all policies and procedures, and ensure compliance
· Conduct screening, admission, treatment planning 1:1 and group classes
· Evaluate client needs and identify appropriate resources within and outside the agency; advocate for the clients’ needs
· Enter activities and client demographics into databases and daily facility logs
· Collect and submit documentation in a timely and accurate manner
· Respond to client concerns in a timely manner, providing information through informal discussions and group discussion/sessions
· Conduct searches and safely remove any items not permitted on property
· Professionally and politely answer incoming telephone calls, provide information, and log shift transitions into the service log
· Strictly adhere to participant confidentiality as required by County, State, and Federal (42 CFR) regulations
· Work with other agency staff to maintain cohesiveness of community
· Provide assistance and notify appropriate agencies/organization in emergency situations, as described in standard emergency procedures
· Ensure that program always meet standards to pass County, State, and Federal inspections
· Maintain contact with staff and supervisor to report any problems
· Coordinate wellness checks, fire drills and other checks annually or as needed
· Participate in all staff meetings and trainings
· Perform additional duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Must be currently certified by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP), California Association of DUI Treatment Programs (CADTP) or the California Association of Drug/Alcohol Educators (CAADE) and maintain this certification without interruption
· Must be credentialed by the County of San Diego’s Continuum of Care within the last three years or must pass the credentialing process as a condition of hire
· 2+ years of relevant experience required
· Experience working with individuals with alcohol, drug, mental illness, or homelessness required
Paid Time Off – Three weeks to start!
Paid Holidays – 13 scheduled
Flexible Work Schedules
An Anti-Racist company
Employee Wellness Committee
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
AD&D / Group Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
Early Release Days!
Paid Bereavement Leave
Work Anniversary Bonuses!
Tuition Reimbursement and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Casual Work Environment
Professional Growth and Career Development Opportunities
Interfaith is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, pregnancy, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, nationality, sex, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Interfaith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
About Interfaith Community Services
Founded in 1979 in direct response to rising rates of hunger and homelessness in North San Diego County, Interfaith Community Services works to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness by Helping People Help Themselves. Interfaith is the most comprehensive non-profit social services agency in North County, providing both immediate safety net services and long-term, life-changing programs designed to meet the holistic needs of people in crisis. Together, in partnership with 250+ diverse faith communities, more than 650 recurrent volunteers, and a growing staff of over 200, Interfaith provides a safe haven and pathway towards self-sufficiency for more than 17,000 community members annually.