The Assistant Manager is responsible for the leadership, management vision, and overall success of the Hatch Valley Grill Restaurant when the restaurant manager is not present.
Title: Restaurant Assistant Manager
Department: Economic Development
Supervisor: Restaurant Manager
Status: Full-Time w/Benefits
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 Depends on Qualifications
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Oversees the shift by shift activities of the Hatch Valley Grill.
· Assists the manager with personnel management including, but not limited to, selection, performance appraisals, professional development, and discipline.
· Ensures a clean and safe work environment for employees and customers.
· Ensures all policies and procedures are followed.
· Know and follow all applicable OSHA, federal, and tribal laws and regulations.
· Maintains a current ServeSafe certification
· All other duties as assigned or required.
· Two years related experience in restaurant management.
· Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift and occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds.
· Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds; bend at waist with some twisting; grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up to all day.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Must pass a fingerprint/criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing.
Drug-Free Workplace Policy: The Kaibab Paiute Tribe has a ‘zero tolerance’ workplace drug policy, this position requires pre-employment drug testing.
Employment applications are available online at www.kaibabpaiute-nsn.gov or at the Tribal Affairs Building located on 1 North Pipe Springs Road Fredonia, AZ 86022. For more information, contact the Human Resource Director at (928) 643-7245. Only completed applications will be accepted. All applications must have a copy of the following to be considered: requested education requirement verifications, driver’s license, 36 month driving record and two completed fingerprint cards (available at the Human Resource Office).
The Kaibab Paiute Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and adheres to the Indian Preference Act
About Kaibab Band of Paiute Indians
The Kaibab Paiute Indian Reservation is located on the Arizona Strip, about 50 miles north of the Grand Canyon. Reservation lands total 120,840 acres, straddling Coconino County and Mohave County in Arizona. Elevations range from 7,058 to 4,400 feet above sea-level. The reservation spans semi-arid to alpine lands, dominated by pinyon pine and juniper, with many natural springs and several ephemeral washes that feed into the Colorado River.
The reservation hosts five tribal villages. The non-Indian community of Moccasin, and Pipe Spring National Monument are also located entirely within the reservation boundary.
Our band does not own or operate a casino.