Under the Policy Direction of the Tribal Council and the Administrative supervision of the Contract Economic Development Coordinator, The Economic Development Planner has the responsibility of carrying out the activities relating to the completion of the EDA assisted Adventure Park infrastructure and disaster resiliency strategy project
Provide capacity for Tribal Council in areas of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling economic development planning and project management.
Work with Contract Economic Development Coordinator to use resources including staff, consultants, goods, and services to achieve maximum cost-effective and timely conduct of activities and outcomes including preparation of a land-use plan for the La Jolla Indian Reservation, preparation of a qualifying Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy, and a La Jolla Adventure Park Specific Plan
Work with Contract Economic Development Coordinator to schedule training and orientation sessions for Tribal Council and General Council and serve as staff to pending Tribal Economic Development Authority
Identify and analyze funding opportunities and recommend their potential to Tribal Council
Collect and analyze data in preparation for CEDS plan update and business plan for commercial development
Monitor and evaluate progress on activity and objective attainment via Microsoft Project.
Provide monthly reports to the Contract Economic Development Coordinator and Tribal Economic Development Authority
A. Education: High School Diploma. Bachelorette Degree in Business Administration or Management preferred.
B. Experience: 3-5 years’ experience as an executive or administrative assistant or similar.
C. Tribal Business Enterprise experience: Tribal Business Enterprise experience working with or for a Tribe preferred.
D. Skills & Abilities:
1) Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write complex correspondence and reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and or group situations to vendors, employees, and other business entities.
2) Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into many units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals and possible rates, ratios, and percentages.
3) Computer: Ability to function PC using MC Office software. Ability to email, fax, copy and scan for inter and intra-tribal communication.
4) Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense and reasonable understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in a non-standard situation(s).
E. Additional Requirements:
1) Submit to and pass a Drug Test
2) Successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
3) Posses a ‘we’ attitude and commitment to team participation.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Applications should be submitted at the La Jolla Tribal Hall or resumes can be emailed to Carolyn Diaz, Tribal HRM at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Preference Policy: In accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (25 USC 472), preference in filling this vacancy will be given to qualified Indian candidates who present proof of eligibility for Indian Preference. Verification on BIA Form 5-4432 or from Tribal ID card must be provided with the application.
Notice of Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
The La Jolla Band of Luiseño Indians is committed to maintaining a drug-free working environment and to comply with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1998, 45CFR, part 76, subpart F. The interested candidate must be able to pass a drug-screening test and maintain a drug-free and professional working environment.