Date: December 30, 2019
Position: Director of Operation (DoO)
Reports To: Tribal Council and Tribal Chairman
Pay Rate: DOE
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Director of Operations (DoO) to organize and oversee the daily operations of La Jolla Band of Luiseno Indian four (4) Enterprises (C-Store, Small Casino, Campground and Zipline). The DoO is expected to adhere to the following but not limited to:
– Ensure that our businesses are well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures.
– Effectively guide, coach and balance tribal and non-tribal lead/supervisor/employees/staff, vendors, and contractor’s environment.
– Demonstrate safeguard and augment the efficiency of the La Jolla Band of Luiseno
– Tribal operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
– Liaise with upper management to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
– Responsible for the growth and profitability of all four (4) enterprises within the organization.
– Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the four enterprises to ensure efficient and optimal progress
– Supervise staff from different departments and provide guidance and feedback
– Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
– Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
– Demonstrate extremely efficient, critical thinking, forecast and foresee favorable outcomes,
– Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction results and ‘hands-on’ if called
– Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
– Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
– Manage relationships/agreements with an external partner, contractors, and vendors
– Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
– Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
Ø Ten (10) years proven experience as Director of Operations in Tribal Gov’t or equivalent position.
Ø Excellent organizational, and leadership abilities.
Ø Outstanding communication and people skills.
Ø Ten (10) years knowledge of Tribal Gov’t legal rules and guidelines
Ø Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles.
Ø Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
Ø Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
Ø Advancement degree required.
Ø Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
Ø Three (3) references from prior experience as director or operations manager.
Ø Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions.
– Submit to and clear DRUG TEST and anytime upon request.
– Successfully complete a Criminal / Gaming Background Check.
– Maintain and keep Gaming Licensing.
Native American Indian Preference shall apply to this position pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (24 U.S.C. 450, et seq.), 25 CFR 271.44 and other relevant laws (title 25, U.S. code, Section 472 & 473).
Please Send Resume To The Address Above Or E-Mail: CAROLYN.DIAZ@LAJOLLA-NSN.GOV