Department: Trading Post
Reports to: C-Store Manager
Status: Full Time Hourly
Salary: $10.00 – $12.00 per hour
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required.
- May require the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with personal computers, AV systems, player tracking card systems, safety equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong computer skills to include effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Knowledge of finance/cage related management, information and reporting systems preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the function of process of retail sales of Smoke Shop, Fuel, Food, Beverage and other Retail.
- Prepares shift deposit and paperwork.
- Participates in the maintenance of supporting cash receipts documentation and accumulation of information for daily and monthly journal entries.
- Balances all money transactions and paperwork.
- Performs all functions in accordance with established company policies, procedures and controls
- Promotes outstanding guest relations.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Performs other related and compatible duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES & EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE:
- Initiative: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive business outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Attention to Detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry trends; learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance; identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect materials for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Respect: Able to adapt behavior to others’ styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Policies, Process, Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to written rules or practices.
- Team Centered- Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
- Equipment Knowledge-Able to operate various types of office equipment including, but not limited to; personal computers, printers, 10 key adding machines, copy machines, telephone, and other departmental related systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
Applications are available and should be submitted at the:
La Jolla Tribal Office
22000 Highway 76
Pauma Valley, Ca. 92061
Or by email to email@example.com
Indian Preference Policy: In accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (25 USC 472), preference in filling this vacancy will be given to qualified Indian candidates who present proof of eligibility for Indian Preference. Verification on BIA Form 5-4432 or from Tribal ID card must be provided with the application. For purposes of this policy Indian/Native American is defined as an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe.
Notice of Drug Free Workplace Requirements
The La Jolla Band of Luiseño Indians is committed to maintaining a drug free working environment and to comply with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1998, 45CFR, part 76, subpart F. The interested candidate must be able to pass a drug-screening test and maintain a drug free and professional working environment.