Report To: Tribal Council
The Campground Manager is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the La Jolla Indian Campground including but not limited to: Hiring, supervising, scheduling of personnel, ordering supplies, budget compliance, cash deposits, overall general maintenance and upkeep of the enterprise
1. Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and split shifts.
2. Work with minimum supervision.
3. Valid California Driver’s License.
4. College degree and/or coursework in Business Management, Recreation, or a related academic field, OR two years of management experience in a related area, OR certification in a related field directly connected with tribal affairs.
5. Must have own transportation.
6. Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
7. Courteous and pleasant attitude toward the public.
8. Dedication to customers.
9. Well-spoken, well dressed, trustworthy.
10. Ability to take direction from the Tribal Administrator and Tribal Council.
1. Responsibility for activities and operations of the La Jolla Campground.
2. Responsible for all expenditures and revenues, use required Purchase Order number for all purchases.
3. Submit Financial and Progress Reports weekly to Tribal Council.
4. Verify inventory, check tally sheets.
5. Attend meetings pertinent to Campground operations.
6. Schedule staff and maintain staff personnel records and time sheets.
7. Work for the continuous improvement of Campground facilities, services and customer amenities.
8. Work to ensure the safety and comfort of all Campground customers.
9. Plan, facilitate and log all staff/safety meetings weekly.
10. Responsible for all vehicles and equipment, maintain log sheets, etc.
11. Report any unattended campfires, report any suspicious activity.
12. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Applications are available and should be submitted at the:
La Jolla Tribal Office
22000 Highway 76
Pauma Valley, CA. 92061
Or by mail to: email@example.com
Indian Preference Policy: In accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (25 USC 472), preference
In filling this vacancy will be given to qualified Indian candidates who present proof of eligibility for Indian Preference. Verification on BIA Form 5-4432 or from Tribal ID card must be provided with the application. For purpose of this policy Indian/native American in defined as an enrolled member if a federally recognized tribe.
Notice of Drug Free Workplace Requirements: The La Jolla Band of Luiseño Indians is committed to maintaining a drug free working environment and to comply with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1998, 45CFR, part 76, subpart F. The interested candidate must be able to pass a drug-screening test and maintain a drug free and professional working environment.