Reports to: Shift Lead/Dept Manager
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Executes monetary transactions for guests at the assigned window. Maintain knowledge and adhere to Title 31, Tribal Internal Controls, Gaming Regulations, and departmental policy and procedures.
· Provide responsibility and accountability for all monetary instruments, i.e. Cash, and all transactions in the assigned window.
· Assist guests by redeeming slot machine tickets/vouchers for cash; perform currency exchanges; cashing guests’ checks, and processing credit card cash advances and debit card withdrawals and provide money in exchange for goods.
· Disburse requested monies to gaming operations team members according to established guidelines.
· Use several different software applications and electronic equipment, to process, track, report and balance transactions performed.
· Complete all Title 31 and tax process paperwork.
· Counting/balancing cash and transactional instruments at end of shift, reporting any variances to Shift Manager.
· Transport even exchanges to cage and vault.
· Responsible for the accuracy of signatures and documentation.
· Applies positive communication and interpersonal skills with guests, (internal and external) always.
· Performs all duties in accordance with approved policies, procedures, Gaming Regulations MICS, Title 31, and Tribal Internal Controls.
· Maintains neat & professional appearance in accordance with HR policy.
· Always maintains confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned as duties and responsibilities may be changed, expanded, reduced. or deleted to meet the business needs of the company.
· Stoking, facing, cleaning, and promoting Retail goods.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet the minimum requirements listed below representative of the education, training, experience, knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Must pass a written math test.
· GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED.
· No felony convictions. (La Jolla Tribal members may be exempt depending on the seriousness of the offense).
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills.
· Must have the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
· Must maintain an excellent work attendance history.
· Must be able to legally work in the United States of America.
· Must be detail-oriented and possess organizational skills.
· Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration needed to perform assigned duties in highly disruptive conditions.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license.
· Bi-lingual a plus.
· Morning, Day, and Evening shifts
Indian Preference: Native American Indian Preference shall apply to this position pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (24 U.S.C. 450, et seq.), 25 CFR 271.44, and other relevant laws (title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 & 473).
Notice of Drug-Free Workplace Requirements: The La Jolla Band of Luiseño Indians is committed to maintaining a drug-free working environment and to comply with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1998, 45CFR, part 76, subpart F. The interested candidate must be able to pass a drug-screening test and maintain a drug-free and professional working environment.