DEPARTMENT: GAMING COMMISSION
POSITION: Gaming Commissioner / Surveillance Agent
SUPERVISOR: TRIBAL COUNCIL
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
PAY RATE: DOE
*This is a Training Position, there will be on-the-job training and some travel required. (Experience Preferred)
Gaming Commission Position Summary:
The Gaming Commission is an arm of the Tribal Government. Established in 2000 for the exclusive purpose of Regulating and Monitoring Gaming for the La Jolla Band of Luiseno Indians and have been given the power and authority in the La Jolla Gaming Ordinance 003. This is to ensure compliance with Tribal, Federal, State Laws, and Regulations.
The La Jolla Gaming Commission serves as the Licensing Authority for individuals and vendors of the gaming operation. Administering an effective program for the background investigations as part of the licensing process. The La Jolla Gaming Commission also has the role of monitoring compliance with the Internal Control Standards of the operation in tracking Tribal Revenues. The La Jolla Gaming Commission is responsible for the Surveillance of all gaming operations, for the “Protection of Tribal Assets”, and their employees as well as the patrons of the gaming operation.
Surveillance Officer Job Description:
Act as oversight and security agent for Tribal Asset control and Customers. Observe casino operations for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by either employees or patrons. Use audio/video equipment is used to observe the operation of the business. Usually required to provide verbal and written reports of all violations and suspicious behavior to Gaming Commission.
Report all violations and suspicious behaviors to La Jolla Gaming Commission, verbally or in writing daily.
Monitor establishment activities to ensure adherence to Tribal Regulations and State Regulations. Department System of Internal Controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Knowledge of National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and Indian Gaming Regulatory Authority (IGRA)
· Background Investigations
· Issue, suspend, revoke, and renewal of gaming licenses for employees and vendors.
· Enforce Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Regulations, State and Federal Laws as apply
· Interact with other Tribal Gaming Commissions/Tribal Regulator’s & Law Enforcement agencies
· Conduct Internal Audits of Casino Operation as required.
· Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Must be willing to travel for training.
· Must learn how to effectively use the Live Scan fingerprint system.
· Keep detailed records of daily shift logs, maintenance & repair logs, and visitor logs.
· Good report writing and communication skills are a must.
· Monitoring drop and count process
· Observing and reporting to operations or law enforcement as needed.
· Must be willing to work holidays, days or nights, and weekends as needed.
· Comfortable working surveillance equipment (training provided)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of computers
* Must be able to be in front of a surveillance monitor for hours if needed.
* Sitting and standing for long periods of time as needed.
* Report writing.
* Ability to interact with different departments.
* Ability to learn new regulations for compliance.
* Ability to read, analyze reports and interpret them and present to Gaming Commission or Tribal Council upon request.
* Some Gaming Commission/Casino experience preferred but willing to train for the right candidate.
Must be 25 years or older to apply. Must have a High School diploma or GED. Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal history background check. Must have some experience working with computers, specifically Word and Excel. Must have a valid Driver’s License as travel is required. Any combination of experience and education that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered filing the position.
*Applications may be picked up at the Gaming Commission Office: Call or Email for Appointment
La Jolla Gaming Commission
22002 Hwy 76
Pauma Valley, Ca. 92061