POSITION: MAINTENANCE WORKER
LOCATION: LA JOLLA ENTERPRISES
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
DEADLINE: UNTIL FILLED
REPORT TO: LEAD SUPERVISOR, DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Under the direction of the Lead or Manager, the employee will follow scheduled and unscheduled routines of beautification, repair, and maintenance of all Enterprise properties and buildings. There will also be requirements for maintaining and repairing facilities and equipment, if possible.
Perform scheduled landscaping duties and trash removal.
Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance and cleaning of bathrooms, toilets, and showers.
Maintain the plumbing, toilets, paint, doors, windows and all other aspects of buildings, bathrooms, offices, and all related facilities.
Maintain and repair BBQ grills in designated areas.
Treat customers and coworkers in a friendly and courteous manner.
Comply with Personnel Policies and procedures.
Keep Team Break and work areas clean and stocked.
Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Report any unattended campfires, report any suspicious activity.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be 18 years old.
Must be able to lift 25 (+) pounds.
Must have a cheerful and pleasant demeanor.
Must have a neat and clean appearance.
Must have a valid CA drivers license and clean DMV record.
Must be dependable and flexible.
Must have own transportation to and from work.
Dedication to the safety and wellbeing of customers and team members is essential.
· No felony convictions. (La Jolla Tribal members may be exempt depending on the seriousness of the offense).
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills.
· Must have the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
· Must maintain an excellent work attendance history.
· Must be able to legally work in the United States of America.
· Must be detail-oriented and possess organizational skills.
· Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration needed to perform assigned duties in highly disruptive conditions.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license.
· Bi-lingual a plus.
· Morning, Day, and Evening shifts
Indian Preference: Native American Indian Preference shall apply to this position pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (24 U.S.C. 450, et seq.), 25 CFR 271.44, and other relevant laws (title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 & 473).
Notice of Drug-Free Workplace Requirements: The La Jolla Band of Luiseño Indians is committed to maintaining a drug-free working environment and to comply with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1998, 45CFR, part 76, subpart F. The interested candidate must be able to pass a drug-screening test and maintain a drug-free and professional working environment.
Job Type: Full-time