Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of the position is to be responsible for direct leadership/training of food service worker personnel.
- Coordinates and oversees the service line work of the Food Services crew providing quality service to the customer.
- Provides the planning necessary for the job including instructions to the Cooks and Food Services Workers.
- Maintains all equipment and cooking utensils at maximum efficiency.
- Plans all Food Services personnel work schedules on a weekly basis.
- Prepares weekly menus for timely submission to the Food Services Manager for review and approval.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position must have 3 years of experience working in a commercial or military kitchen.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Previously held leadership role in DFAC style food service operation preferred.
- Knowledge of Military (Tri – Service Food Code/TB Med 530) regulations and policies governing, at a minimum, food storage, preparation, and serving.
- Knowledge of AR 30-22, DA PAM 30-22, TM 4-41.11 and TM 4-41.12
- Must possess the ability to clean food preparation areas IAW MIL-STB-3006C. Licenses/Certifications: Must be capable of completing the certification training IAW the TB Med 530–Tri Service Food Code. Possess or be able to obtain ServSafe certification. Manager Certification preferred.
- Successful completion of training on the safe use of chemicals, understanding of manufacturer’s product labels, and information contained on material safety data sheets (MSDSs) IAW Title 29, Code of Federal Regulation Part 1910.1200 is required. Must demonstrate the ability to prepare food that is compliant with DoD 1338.10-M.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- The worker must be able to endure the conditions of and be able to work in a commercial kitchen environment (extreme heat/cold etc.). Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Requires periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
About Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC)
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.