The BSA Analyst assists in the implementation and all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act program and assists in varying roles supporting the BSA/AML and Compliance program of Native American Bank, under the guidance of the VP- BSA/AML, Compliance & Operations Officer. This position performs various quality control reviews and ongoing monitoring and due diligence under the Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering program, OFAC and Customer Identification program compliance using regulatory guidance to ensure that the Bank’s BSA/AML and Compliance efforts are maintained on an ongoing basis. This role would advise both the VP- BSA/AML, Compliance & Operations Officer and bank staff of emerging compliance issues and assists the Bank in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks and ensure that department activities run smooth and efficient. The BSA Analyst is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the BSA/AML program.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Perform daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity; determines if transactions are suspicious in nature, balance fluctuations, cash structuring, loan payments, wire/ACH transfers, online/mobile banking, new account reviews and monitoring of high- risk accounts and entities.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering OFAC regulations.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and facilitation of training programs to educate bank personnel about BSA and Compliance requirements and procedures.
- Assist in development and implementation of bank forms, notices, procedures and monitoring processes for compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Assists in the compliance with the 314(a) and 314(b) responsibilities.
- Assists in the monitoring of account activity for suspicious patterns of activity, conducts suspicious activity report investigations, high risk customer/account reviews and the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Assists with New Account consumer and commercial reviews and risk profiles.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) within required timeframes.
- Performs customer and transaction analytics to identify trends and possible suspicious activity.
- Assists in review and implementation of BSA/AML and Compliance risk assessments and policies.
- Assists in the research of regulatory issues to the BSA/AML and Compliance questions from Bank staff, using legal and regulatory reference materials and agencies.
- Assist in special projects and tasks for the BSA/AML and Compliance as directed.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of independent and regulatory examinations.
- Understanding of legislative and regulatory process
- Familiarity with all functional areas of banking
- Comprehensive understanding of general banking compliance regulations and laws
- Comprehensive understanding of general banking operations activities, products and services
- Ability to proactively identify and assess potential concerns and risks.
- Ability to resolve issues, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- College degree, or equivalent banking experience.
- Basic knowledge of Bank administration, lending and operations products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and communicate clearly with clients and staff.
About Native American Bank N.A.
Chartered as a national community development focused bank, Native American Bank is also a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). We are committed to being a self-sustaining CDFI and are the only national American Indian owned community development bank in the country.
Resumes can be e-mailed to: email@example.com