This position is responsible to carry out human resource programs by providing services including; employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, personnel relations and the onboarding of new hires. Performs all duties in accordance with Native American Bank’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
Ensure compliance with established company policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Assists employees and managers with questions pertaining to the Company’s policies, procedures, and benefits programs.
- Actively involved in recruitment and the hiring process and maintaining current job descriptions.
- Administration of the company’s 401K plan, reporting requirements overall compliance.
- Maintains a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude towards employees at all times.
- Tracks and incorporates changes in employment law, policies and procedures into the employee handbook updates.
- Recognizes sensitivity, complexity and urgency of employee relations issues and takes appropriate action, including providing sound guidance on a resolution and protecting sensitive information to the extent possible.
- Interprets employment related policies to ensure consistent and fair application for improved employee morale.
- Builds sustainable relationships and trust with employees through open and interactive communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of Native American culture.
- Coordinates the tracking of pertinent employment and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) information for accurate record keeping and to facilitate the timely filing of appropriate reports and other data as needed.
- Acts as a liaison regarding employee benefit questions or changes, ensures that employees understand designated benefit options and the enrollment process.
- Performs functions specific to the position and other duties as assigned.
- Determines employment suitability by evaluating data from employment-related references and background checks and recommends employment actions.
- Conducts new hire onboarding.
- Maintains recruitment and employment metrics.
- Works with the finance area to ensure the payroll cycle done in a timely manner.
- Advanced interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Ability to use sound judgement and work independently while recognizing the importance of working within established procedures and requirements.
- Strong organizational skills supporting the ability to multi-task with multiple demands.
- Ability to interpret new rules, operational changes, procedural changes.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, staff, management, and the Board of Directors.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Minimum of 3 years-experience in human resource administration.
About Native American Bank N.A.
Chartered as a national community development focused bank, Native American Bank is also a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). We are committed to being a self-sustaining CDFI and are the only national American Indian owned community development bank in the country.
Resumes can be e-mailed to: email@example.com