Native American Bank is a national financial services organization. Great opportunity for commercial loan servicing professional. Provides support to Loan Officers and Credit Analysts for processing of commercial loans from origination to closing. Coordinates loan closings, interacts with attorneys and borrowers, and orders reports. Assist with ongoing maintenance of loan relationship including collection of financial information. Handles day to day servicing on all aspects of commercial loan portfolio.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Responsible for supporting one or more Loan Officer with large and complex commercial loan portfolios by assisting in the management of customer relationships by processing transactions, renewing loans, resolving account/customer issues and providing various other administrative support.
- Performs functions using a variety of banking and lending system applications.
- Obtains necessary information to process applications and order loan documents, such as financial statements, tax returns and business documentation, credit reports, UCC searches, preliminary title reports, appraisals and flood hazard determinations.
- Coordinates the preparation of required loan documentation; reviews loan documentation; coordinates execution of loan documents; coordinates booking of renewal loan documents; clears loan exceptions.
- Works closely with Loan Officer to assist with loans by obtaining financial data, drafting letters and agreements, clearing exceptions, and obtaining collateral documentation. Coordinates with CPA’s, attorneys, insurance agents, etc. of assigned clients to resolve specific exceptions and transactional issues.
- Serves as first point of contact for commercial customers; primary contact for all customer service issues.
- Reviews all loan documents to ensure documentation is acceptable and in compliance with regulations and company policy; maintains knowledge of current lending policies, procedures and regulations. Attends and completes all necessary training.
- Responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of multiple reports; keeps the commercial banker(s) apprised of any issues/problems that may arise and need attention.
- Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services to identify and refer cross sell opportunities.
- May assist Loan Officer manage the deposit relationship and related services, i.e., wires, account set up, NSF management, approvals, signatures, etc. May monitor overdrafts and refer to Loan Officer for a decision. May assist clients with draws, transfers and loan payments with appropriate authorization.
- May monitor past due reports; coordinates with designated individuals to collect past due principal and interest payments to insure payments. May review past due report monthly and alert Loan Officer of the status of past dues and any pending issues.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of college/university degree in business related fields preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in commercial lending field, or job-related experience preferred.
- Mortgage Lending or Mortgage Loan Servicing doesn’t qualify as required experience for this position.
- Knowledge of government guarantees is preferred.
- Must have ability to work independently, be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with sound judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Solid customer services values and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Continually required to sit for long periods of time.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to lift items less than 25 pounds.
About Native American Bank N.A.
Chartered as a national community development focused bank, Native American Bank is also a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). We are committed to being a self-sustaining CDFI and are the only national American Indian owned community development bank in the country.
Resumes can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org