Position: Executive Assistant
Salary Range: $70,000 – $75,000
Reports to: President/CEO
Location: Hybrid with some travel
Benefits: 100% medical/dental/vision for employee
The Native Arts and Cultures Foundation (NACF) is a Native-led national organization dedicated to promoting the revitalization, appreciation and perpetuation of indigenous arts and cultures. Our mission is to advance equity and cultural knowledge, focusing on the power of arts and collaboration to strengthen Native communities and promote positive social change with American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and Alaska Native people in the United States. Through our program initiatives, NACF supports Native artists, culture bearers, and projects that are focused on environmental, cultural, and social change. We support artists to create new work, develop their arts practice, and produce projects in collaboration with communities. Support includes financial resources, artist training, and professional development, presenting and promoting artist work, and project management. NACF will continue with community engagement across the continental 48 states, Alaska, and Hawaii as it pertains to raising the visibility and availability of Native resources and knowledge to address cultural equity and help strengthen Indigenous communities, arts, and cultures.
In 2021, NACF took ownership of a historic building in Portland, Oregon, which has been repurposed to house the Center for Native Arts and Cultures – The Center. This acquisition has sparked a time of unprecedented growth for NACF, which includes embarking on NACF fundraising that includes fulfilling the vision of the Center as a vibrant gathering place for Indigenous artists, local partnerships, and our national work.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Native Arts & Culture Foundation’s President/CEO. They assist the President/CEO with daily responsibilities, special projects, travel, to-do lists, and more. To succeed in this position, the Executive Assistant will receive direction from the President/CEO and the Director of Operations.
The Executive Assistant is impeccably organized, can liaise with the entire office, anticipate what needs to be done, and can express their diversity and equity lens with ease. The Executive Assistant will also provide support with the office environment as well as special projects and assist with office-wide activities.
This is an excellent position for individuals with experience in nonprofit support, in art-related business, and for individuals with an excellent understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion in arts, nonprofits, and the Native community. Previous experience in supporting executive leaders, board members, or other high-level staff is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience
- Proven relationships and experience working in, for, and/or with Native communities
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations, nonprofit administration, and prior experience supporting and working with senior-level management
- Demonstrated strength in interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain confidential information
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact with diverse groups
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Track record of success contributing to a cooperative and productive working environment
- Strong understanding and application of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles
- Experience with Board of Directors activities and governance activities
Nonprofit Professionals Now is pleased to be working with the Native Arts & Culture Foundation to fill this key role. Applications for this role should include a resume and a cover letter addressing your connection to and/or experience working with Native communities.
All applications received will be reviewed and all applicants will receive a response. NPN and the Native Arts & Culture Foundation take your time seriously and appreciate all applicants for considering this role.
Full Position Description & Application link: https://bit.ly/NACFexecassist
Application Deadline: February 26, 2024