FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Field Service and Installation
• Provide On-site and In-house Technical Product Service (Installation, Preventive Maintenance, Repairs, Upgrades, Calibrations, etc.) for Nikon Metrology X-ray product line.
• Support of equipment at customer location or via telephone/ e-mail.
• Troubleshoot system failures/errors and perform necessary corrective actions.
• Responsible for the return of parts and tools from site upon completion of work.
• Maintain assigned service equipment and tools.
• Represent Nikon in a professional manner at customer sites.
Field Service Sales Support
• Provide extended support to Nikon Dealers, Sales Personal and fellow Field Service Engineers.
• Utilizes an effective follow-up system to support repeat service business.
• Assist sales with set-up and teardown of equipment for trade shows.
• Support the technical sales of new products or services.
• Prepare service quotations as requested.
• Promote service contracts and other service offerings to customers.
• Perform product training as necessary.
• Be able to improve existing and develop new procedures that will enhance the efficiency of the department.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology or 2-3 years of experience in a related service field
• Experience on complex capital equipment with related subsystems such as vacuum, manipulators, High Voltage systems, general mechanical, and PC’s;
• Ability to demonstrate board level faultfinding;
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and write Spanish.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER COMPETENCIES
• Ability to effectively perform job duties under pressure while maintaining quality and professionalism at all times.
• Proven electrical and mechanical skills in x-ray service or a related field.
• Ability to integrate and troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
• Basic MS Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to use tools of the trade such as Multimeter, Oscilloscope, soldering iron, basic hand tools, etc.
• Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Able to access tight spaces as required such as inside the cabinet.
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability,
• Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal,
• 401k, Company Matching
• Pet Insurance, Educational Reimbursement
• Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time!
• Employee Discounts, Auto Supplier Discounts (Ford, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, & Chrysler)
• $$Referral Bonus$$
• Job reports to management in Brighton, MI
• 80%+ travel position
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans”.
About Nikon Metrology, Inc.
Why Nikon Metrology?
Joining Nikon Metrology is joining a global company and becoming part of the future, giving you the opportunity to enter into a career where you can help to shape and define innovation.