Title: Car Wash Attendant
Supervisor: Facilities Manager
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Car Wash Attendant will wash and vacuum tribal vehicles according to PBMI standards. The Attendant will visually inspect each vehicle’s interior and exterior for damages and potential problem areas. Occasionally, the Attendant will assist the facilities department in various tasks (especially during periods of inclement weather), including facility set-up, custodial, and groundskeeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Uses various types of cleaning equipment and solutions, including special foams and detergents designed for specific types of vehicle interior and exterior
· Cleans and vacuums floors, seats, and the trunk
· Cleans all trash, debris, and dirt from the interior of the vehicle, including ashtray and cup holder
· Cleans the dashboard, steering wheel, trims, and moldings inside the vehicle
· Cleans all dirt, grease, and tar from the exterior of the vehicle
· Cleans all glass on the vehicle, inside and out, with the appropriate type of rag and cleaning solution
· Cleans all dashboard, instruments panel, mirrors, wheels and rims with the proper substance
· Uses air compressors or special equipment to dry the inside and outside surfaces
· Uses hoses and pumps for washing and rinsing vehicles
· Perform a visual inspection of vehicles to look for damage or potential problems
· Move vehicles to the wash area and return vehicles when complete
· Manages the inventory of cleaning supplies and notifies the Facilities Manager when supplies are low
· Keeps records of customers and calls when it might be time for another wash
· Performs various facilities tasks, including (but not limited to) facility set-up and breakdown, custodial, and groundskeeping.
· Keeps Facilities Manager informed of all pertinent information such as changes in schedule, days off, and other employment-related changes
· Performs other related duties as directed by the Facilities Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to work standing over long periods
· Ability to lift items of moderate weight
· Ability to work outdoors and be efficient in all weather conditions
· Ability to pay attention to details
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to listen actively and exercise sound judgment.
· Ability to manage time and multi-task.
· Knowledge of safety precautions.
Minimum high school diploma or GED Equivalent.
Previous experience in the motor vehicle industry or vehicle detailing is not required, but is a plus.
Must have a clean driving record.
Must be able to pass a background check successfully.
Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace (including marijuana) as a condition of employment with the Pala Band of Mission Indians.
Indian preference will apply. The Pala Band of Mission Indians will give hiring preference to fully qualified applicants that are Pala Tribal Members. Pala Band of Mission Indians is an equal opportunity employer.
All employees are expected to follow the Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures of the Pala Band of Mission Indians and must adhere to any additional applicable addendums.