The Communication Specialist will manage internal and external communications of the Tribal
Government, ensuring that the created correspondence is consistent with tribal policy and tribal law
as well as engaging to the reader. This includes promoting a positive public image and controlling the
dissemination of information on behalf of the Tribal Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the creation and management of daily, monthly and quarterly correspondence
including: newsletters, flyers, emails, posts, website content, etc. for internal and external
• Work closely with the Tribal Secretary to develop effective communication strategies,
including the creation of weekly content distribution calendars.
• Liaise with the Public Affairs department communicating events, press conferences, alerts,
• Collaborate with the Tribal Council, department heads, staff and website administrator(s) for
content release and updates.
• Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce correspondence for advertisements or
• Collaborate with other tribes regarding correspondence and sharing of event information.
• Research and prepare correspondence on upcoming regional, state, and federal events.
• Manage and update contact database.
• Attend off-hours meetings and events to gather information and media for publication.
• Organize and shoot or secure photography for events and activities and assist during events as
• Retrieve, share and disseminate photos for correspondence.
• Schedule social media posts for multiple strategies including but not limited to Instagram,
YouTube, and Facebook.
• Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed for related processes.
• Provide support to other departments and entities as needed.
• Perform clerical duties, up to and including operating office equipment, typing, filing and
answering phones as necessary.
• Manage and maintain updates and upgrades to software with the support of the I.T.
• Utilize various external platforms for communication including but not limited to: Zoom,
Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, FlippingBook, Adobe Creative Cloud, and WebEx.
• Ensure correspondence are maintained and archived in an organized and retrievable state
(manual or electronic) for accountability and access.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, tutorials, reviewing
publications and maintaining best practices within the field.
• Positive, enthusiastic and ready to work with a team.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures of the Pechanga Tribal Government.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, with a focus in graphic design, communications, journalism, or
public relations preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years in the field of communication required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Experience and advanced proficiency with MS Office Suites (i.e. Outlook, Word, Publisher,
etc.) and Adobe Suites (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator) required.
• Experience in copywriting and editing preferred.
• Experience with project management preferred.
• Experience in web design and content production preferred.
• Must have exceptional organizational and planning abilities.
• Must be able to meet deadlines, working in a high-pressure environment at a fast pace while
maintaining quality and error free work.
• Must have the ability to travel for events as necessary.
• Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license, and qualify for employer insurability,
throughout the course of employment.
• Must maintain confidentiality of all privileged information.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills, tact, patience, flexibility, and ability to deal with
change and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace
Policy. This includes pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The Pechanga Band offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all full-time
employees. Benefits include the following:
• Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
• Retirement – 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
• Health & Wellness Coverage – Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Life and Long Term Disability – $25,000 employer paid life and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts – Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
• Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
• Supplemental Coverage – Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life, and Hospital Confinement
• Legal Shield and Identity Shield
• Pet Insurance
• Education Reimbursement Opportunities – For pre-approved specific, job related education
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Face-to-face counseling, Legal assistance, Financial
assistance, ID recovery, Tobacco cessation, Dependent care and Daily living resources, and
About Pechanga Tribal Government
Complete Job Descriptions and Applications are located at:
PECHANGA GOVERNMENT CENTER
12705 PECHANGA ROAD TEMECULA, CA 92592
Direct link to open positions and application: https://www.pechanga-nsn.gov/index.php/contact/employment
Send Application and Resume to:
Hiring Preference: The Pechanga Tribal Government is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Pechanga Tribal Government to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Tribal Members; 2) Pechanga Tribal Member Spouses; 3) non-member American Indians. Drug Testing: The Pechanga Tribal Government is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.