The Director of Public Works will perform complex supervisory, administrative and professional work in planning, organizing, directing, and supervising the Public Works Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and evaluate programs, plans, services, staffing, equipment and infrastructure of the public works department.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Direct and supervise the maintenance and completion of minor repairs to the exterior of all Tribal buildings and structures, including but not limited to heavy equipment operation, construction and landscaping.
- Ensure project completion and compliance with quality standards.
- Work closely with Tribal Members and government center to address errors and complaints.
- Study and standardize department policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepare and document budget requests and administer department budget.
- Provide direction for environmental, street, traffic control, lights and other public works projects and programs.
- Train and ensure staff adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure department adherence to all government and environmental rules and regulations.
- Must adhere to all policies and procedures of the Pechanga Tribal Government.
- Planning, assigning and directing work.
- Appraising performance.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Seven to ten (7-10) years experience in the operation and maintenance of commercial property or related fields required.
Requires a minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Technical certifications in Maintenance and Electrical field desired.
- Must possess strong maintenance project management experience.
- Experience with MS Office Suite required
- Must be well organized with strong communication and interpersonal skills and possess the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance required.
- This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
To download application go to: https://www.pechanga-nsn.gov/index.php/contact/employment
Submit Resume and Application to email@example.com or fax to 951-587-2209