The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Tribal Treasurer and will assist in overall operations and reporting for the Tribal Treasurer. This includes preparing and maintaining Treasury reports, records and documentation, and the Tribal Treasurer Quarterly Report. The Financial Analyst will assist in sustaining the Office of the Tribal Treasurer. This includes but is not limited to the implementation of Fiscal Impact Statements; the Comprehensive Annual Treasurer’s Report; Budget and Tax Analytics; Financial Education for Tribal Members; and other financial operations and reporting as assigned by the Tribal Treasurer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports presented to oversight authorities and Tribal Members
- Create and assemble spreadsheets, charts and graphs to be used to illustrate financial data
- Assist in developing, analyzing and executing financial policy
- Assist in gathering, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting results of historical data
- Prepare and maintain treasury reports, records, and documentation
- Assist Tribal Treasurer in developing Fiscal Impact Statements and the Comprehensive Annual Treasurer’s Report
- Work closely with the Tribal Treasurer to analyze and interpret data and make comparative analyses
- Assist as needed with budget process
- Provide support to other departments and entities as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications
- The Financial Analyst will assist in sustaining the Office of the Tribal Treasurer.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance from an accredited University required
- Three years of relevant experience in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Experience in program development, training or an educational background preferred
- Experience working in or for a local or tribal government preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlooks, PowerPoint and Publisher required
- Advanced proficiency level of MS Excel required
- Experience handling confidential and/or sensitive information and be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, patience, flexibility, and ability to deal with change with little notice.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The Pechanga Band offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all full-time employees. Benefits include the following:
- Retirement – 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Health & Wellness Coverage – Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life and Long Term Disability – $25,000 employer paid life and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage – Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life, and Hospital Confinement
- Legal Shield and Identity Shield
- Pet Insurance
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities – For pre-approved specific, job related education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Face-to-face counseling, Legal assistance, Financial assistance, ID recovery, Tobacco cessation, Dependent care and Daily living resources, and Crisis consultation
About Pechanga Tribal Government
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT:
PECHANGA GOVERNMENT CENTER
12705 PECHANGA ROAD TEMECULA, CA 92592
Direct link to open positions and application: https://www.pechanga-nsn.gov/index.php/contact/employment
Send application and resume to:
Hiring Preference: The Pechanga Tribal Government is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Pechanga Tribal Government to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Tribal Members; 2) Pechanga Tribal Member Spouses; 3) non-member American Indians. Drug Testing: The Pechanga Tribal Government is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.