The Maintenance Engineer I position will performs a variety of general duties related to the maintenance, upkeep, construction, installation and repair of Pechanga park, grounds, trails, recreation areas, buildings, cemetery operations and other tribally owned properties on and off the reservation. Assists in preparations for, and clean up after, special events. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Proceeds under general supervision with instruction and assistance provided when required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain grounds at the Pechanga Park, Pechanga school grounds and the cemetery by mowing, trimming, weeding and grooming.
• Maintain landscape areas by pruning, weeding and clearing debris.
• Perform general landscape duties such as planting trees, shrubs, grass, flowers and other plants in new and or existing landscape areas.
• Install, repair, and operate irrigation/sprinkler systems.
• Maintain and repair playground equipment as needed.
• Maintain and remove debris from tribal trails, sidewalks, parking lots, planters and other grounds features.
• Maintain and clean Pechanga Park, cemetery and other facilities restrooms.
• Assist in preparations for, and cleanup during and after special events.
• Provide customer service in a friendly manner.
• Troubleshoot issues and make onsite repairs when needed.
• May perform basic plumbing, pipefitting, carpentry, painting and plastering, electrical, HVAC maintenance and custodial tasks as needed.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures of the Pechanga Tribal Government.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED preferred
• Clean DMV
• Required 1-2 years experience in landscaping or related field.
• Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Experience operating landscape machinery required.
• Basic knowledge and experience in carpentry and plumbing preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
• Ability to read, speak and write in English
• Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
• This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The Pechanga Band offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all full-time employees. Benefits include the following:
• Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
• Retirement – 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
• Health & Wellness Coverage – Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Life and Long Term Disability – $25,000 employer paid life and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts – Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
• Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
• Supplemental Coverage – Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life, and Hospital Confinement
• Legal Shield and Identity Shield
• Pet Insurance
• Education Reimbursement Opportunities – For pre-approved specific, job related education
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Face-to-face counseling, Legal assistance, Financial assistance, ID recovery, Tobacco cessation, Dependent care and Daily living resources, and Crisis consultation
About Pechanga Tribal Government
Complete Job Descriptions and Applications are located at:
PECHANGA GOVERNMENT CENTER
12705 PECHANGA ROAD TEMECULA, CA 92592
Direct link to open positions and application: https://www.pechanga-nsn.gov/index.php/contact/employment
Send Application and Resume to:
Hiring Preference: The Pechanga Tribal Government is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Pechanga Tribal Government to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Tribal Members; 2) Pechanga Tribal Member Spouses; 3) non-member American Indians. Drug Testing: The Pechanga Tribal Government is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.