Performs confidential and complex administrative work, assists in the preparation of legal documentation, prepares correspondence and provides assistance to the Deputy General Counsel and Associates General Counsel. Works with minimum instruction or supervision, provides overall supervision of the filing of documents, scanning of documents and ordering of all supplies for the Legal Department. The Legal Assistant I works in a busy team environment meeting top priorities and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform support to Deputy General Counsel and Associates General Counsel in a legal setting.
• Prepare correspondence, draft legal documentation and legal papers.
• Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
• Conduct legal research and/or analysis when needed.
• Schedule meetings and arrange conference or meetings rooms.
• Prioritize and determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
• Exercise discretion and professionalism when relating to sensitive internal and external matters and willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
• Must have knowledge of legal documents including pleadings, contracts and associated ancillary documents.
• Assists in the communication of directives, instructions and assignments to attorneys and department staff.
• Work effectively in fast paced, multiple-team environment.
• Assist in the maintenance of electronic and hard copy document management systems.
• Maintain and update confidential legal files.
• Required to carry office issued phone and respond to POGC needs after hours when necessary and reasonable.
• Special projects and other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures of the Pechanga Tribal Government.
The Pechanga Band offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for all full-time employees. Benefits include the following:
• Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
• Retirement – 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
• Health & Wellness Coverage – Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Life and Long Term Disability – $25,000 employer paid life and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts – Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
• Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
• Supplemental Coverage – Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life, and Hospital Confinement
• Legal Shield and Identity Shield
• Pet Insurance
• Education Reimbursement Opportunities – For pre-approved specific, job related education
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Face-to-face counseling, Legal assistance, Financial assistance, ID recovery, Tobacco cessation, Dependent care and Daily living resources, and Crisis consultation
About Pechanga Tribal Government
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT:
PECHANGA GOVERNMENT CENTER
12705 PECHANGA ROAD TEMECULA, CA 92592
Send application and resume to:
Hiring Preference: The Pechanga Tribal Government is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Pechanga Band of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Pechanga Tribal Government to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Tribal Members; 2) Pechanga Tribal Member Spouses; 3) non-member American Indians. Drug Testing: The Pechanga Tribal Government is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.