The Lifeguard II will join the team of service oriented professionals in the state of the art Pechanga
Recreation Center, which delivers a wide variety of activities to the Pechanga Community. The
Lifeguard II is responsible for guarding their area of responsibility; responding to any level of incident
and emergency around the Aquatics facility; enforcing safety rules fairly and politely; providing
excellent customer service to the Membership; being responsive to Member and guest requests;
checking and maintaining pool chemicals as needed; ensuring member safety; being patient and
enthusiastic while teaching and holding productive lessons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interact and provide a fun, safe, clean environment and experience to our Members in the
• Abide by and enforce policies and procedures of the Pechanga Recreation Center to ensure a
safe operation of the pool and all aquatic activities.
• Act as Leader on duty in the absence of the Aquatics Coordinator, duties include guiding
and/or directing seasonal staff.
• Provide general information on pool operations to the Membership. Caution swimmers
regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, and enforce pool rules.
• Maintain constant surveillance and monitor activities in swimming areas to prevent accidents
and provide assistance to swimmers.
• Perform pool chemical checks at designated times. Keep accurate records of pool usage,
chemical levels, pool closures, etc.
• Respond to all illness and injury incidents around the entire Aquatics facility immediately and
appropriately. This includes, but not limited to performing Lifeguarding skills, First Aid, CPR,
and other until arrival of emergency medical services.
• Use and store equipment appropriately, assist with pool set up and general cleaning of
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly pool,, deck, Aquatics office, and locker rooms. Inspect
facilities regularly and report any unsafe conditions/equipment to Aquatics Coordinator or
Recreation Center Director immediately.
• Assist with Aquatic center special events preparations, set up and break down.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures of the Pechanga Tribal Government.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED.
• American Red Cross certified and current in Lifeguard Training and CPR for the Professional
Rescuer and WSI required (current licenses required).
• Three (3) years previous Lifeguarding preferred.
• Ability to perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills and CPR/AED.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Effective decision-maker.
Successfully perform the lifeguard skills checklist on a quarterly basis.
• Successfully complete required Performance Testing.
• This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace
Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Performance testing: After the oral examination, all applicants must pass the performance test to be
considered eligible for the position of Lifeguard II. Should anyone testing, fail any part of the
performance test, one re-test will be permitted on the same test date. Testing will be administered to
all qualified applicants and shall include the following factors: Swimming approximately 500 yards
using any approach stroke; performing a surface dive to locate and recover an object at a depth of up to
8 feet; simulating an equipment-based victim rescue using the Breaststroke or Front Crawl approach
stroke WEIGHT 100 lbs.
About Pechanga Tribal Government
Complete Job Descriptions and Applications are located at:
PECHANGA GOVERNMENT CENTER
12705 PECHANGA ROAD TEMECULA, CA 92592
Direct link to open positions and application: https://www.pechanga-nsn.gov/index.php/contact/employment
Send Application and Resume to:
Hiring Preference: The Pechanga Tribal Government is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Pechanga Tribal Government to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Tribal Members; 2) Pechanga Tribal Member Spouses; 3) non-member American Indians. Drug Testing: The Pechanga Tribal Government is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.