The Receptionist provides excellent customer service by answering telephones, greeting and
assisting visitors to the Tribal Government Center. The Receptionist also provides assistance
with scheduling Tribal Halls for meetings, ordering office supplies and providing backup support
to the Mail Clerk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide excellent customer service to all callers and visitors to the Tribal Government
Center. Greet all visitors and callers with a smile.
• Handle incoming calls, direct calls to their destination, take messages as appropriate, and
manage the general company voice mailbox. Provide directions and information to callers
• Conduct all guest check-ins, contact appropriate party for meeting availability and direct
visitors as necessary, following all required protocol. Assist Tribal Members, staff and
visitors by sending and distributing faxes.
• Provide Tribal members with DMV, change of address, enrollment card forms and
instruction as needed.
• Ensure that the reception desk is covered at all times. Notify backup personnel to assist
and cover breaks and absences.
• Provide backup support to the mailroom clerk as needed. Prepare mail and packages for
pickup by USPS, FedEx, UPS and other services. Distribute packages to members.
Pickup and distribute mail.
• Assist the Facilities department to schedule Tribal Halls for meetings, events and parties.
• Order and maintain office supplies for the Human Resources department.
• Assist Tribal Members, staff and visitors by making copies as needed.
• Ensure that both photocopiers in the HR department are maintained and have the
• Handle special administrative and clerical Human Resources projects as requested.
• Maintain reception area to ensure that it is neat, efficient and organized at all times.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures of the Pechanga Tribal Government
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate must have 1-3years of related experience in an office environment required.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Experience with multi-line telephone system preferred.
• Experience and knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook preferred.
• Must be able to work independently with minimum direction.
• Ability to multi-task, answering telephones, greeting and assisting walk-in visitors at the
• Good interpersonal skills, tact, patience, flexibility, and ability to deal with change and
maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• Ability to speak with others to convey information effectively.
• Experience and knowledge of customer service principles and practices required.
• This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free
Workplace Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
About Pechanga Tribal Government
Complete Job Descriptions and Applications are located at:
PECHANGA GOVERNMENT CENTER
12705 PECHANGA ROAD TEMECULA, CA 92592
Direct link to open positions and application: https://www.pechanga-nsn.gov/index.php/contact/employment
Send Application and Resume to:
Hiring Preference: The Pechanga Tribal Government is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Pechanga Tribal Government to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Tribal Members; 2) Pechanga Tribal Member Spouses; 3) non-member American Indians. Drug Testing: The Pechanga Tribal Government is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.