TANF Cultural Activity Assistant
The Cultural Activity Assistant is responsible for assisting in the development of a culturally appropriate program for school-aged children. The Cultural Activity Assistant collaborates with Tribal TANF staff, Pechanga Cultural Resources Department staff, and school staff for developing and implementing cultural activities that promote the educational goals for tribal youth and families. In this role the Cultural Activity Assistant will teach, lead and facilitate cultural and historical programs for the youth and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop activities and work with existing staff and programs that promote knowledge of and pride and respect for Luiseno/Pechanga culture and traditions.
· Teach and instruct in aspects of Luiseño culture which include but are not limited to: native plants and usage, pottery, subsistence, demographics, traditional foods, seasons, traditional housing, local animals, oral tradition and place names.
· Facilitate the development of after school activities and programs that focus on the primary goals of TANF for at risk Native American youth and adults that include cultural information to increase pride in the community and self-respect.
· Learn or, if already fluent, use the Luiseño language when interacting with school children.
· Assist in developing and facilitating summer activities. This includes teaching the youth tribal culture and history to encourage their ability to communicate about their culture. This increases their self-esteem, self-respect and promotes the prevention and pro-family goals of TANF.
· Ability to work special programs and events on occasion after normal working hours and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Knowledge of Luiseño culture, history and tradition preferred.
· Experience in Luiseño language preferred.
· Preferred experience with native cultures.
· Valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance and personal vehicle to use for work required.
· Certified in Child/Infant CPR within 90 days of employment.
Complete Job Description and Applications are available at www.pechanga-nsn.gov or https://www.pechanga-nsn.gov/index.php/contact/employment. Send resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pechanga Government Center, 12705 Pechanga Road, Temecula, CA 92592