Applicant must have the ability to assist in the process of classroom instruction and perform supervisory needs to help foster emotional, cultural and educational development. In addition, this candidate must be able to follow the program plan developed by the classroom teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with various school activities, including field trips.
• Assist in all school related events.
• Assist with teaching Luiseño language and culture.
• Attend to children’s physical, emotional, intellectual and social growth.
• Playground and lunch supervision while students are on recess.
• Work with individual students or small groups to reinforce learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
• Participate in classroom cultural related activities.
• Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
• Responsible for classroom preparation of student based current curriculum materials.
• Help student’s master instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
• Assist in the maintenance of acceptable classroom behavior.
• Operate and care for equipment or instructional materials used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
• Basic first aid.
• All other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures of the Chámmakilawish School and Pechanga Tribal Government.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college with coursework in childhood development preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Three (3) years experience working with school age children required
• Working knowledge of various office equipment including, copier and laminator.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to physically interact with active school age children.
• Demonstrated ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Must be of good character, patient, personable.
• Must be a positive role model.
• Current certification in child and infant CPR required.
• Compliance with the Pechanga Tribal Government Policies and Procedures.
• This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation
About Pechanga Tribal Government
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT:
PECHANGA GOVERNMENT CENTER
12705 PECHANGA ROAD TEMECULA, CA 92592
Send application and resume to:
Hiring Preference: The Pechanga Tribal Government is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Pechanga Band of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Pechanga Tribal Government to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Tribal Members; 2) Pechanga Tribal Member Spouses; 3) non-member American Indians. Drug Testing: The Pechanga Tribal Government is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to drug testing. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.