DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position performs and/or participates in a wide variety of aircraft servicing, ground handling and related aviation and airport service activities to provide complete, safe, efficient and high-quality support to aircrews, passengers, airport tenants and others using Gateway Aviation Services, the Airport’s fixed base operator (FBO) and other Airport facilities. Essential duties may include:
• Services general aviation, military, commercial-service, flight-test aircraft, ground service vehicles and equipment with fuel, oil, and provides other services, as required, to satisfy customer and operational needs.
• Achieves and sustains certification as a National Air Transportation Association (NATA) Professional Line Service Specialist and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority Fuel Handler, and successfully completes required training programs pertaining to airline specific fuel handlers training, international waste handling, dangerous goods handling, forklift operation and specified first aid procedures.
• Receives bulk aviation fuel deliveries at the airport fuel storage facilities and tests the fuel before acceptance to ensure strict adherence to the Airport’s qualitative fuel standards.
• Completes daily/periodic equipment and facility maintenance and operation checks, and records results on appropriate forms.
• Marshals/greets aircraft and their flight crews and passengers, records service orders, assists with passenger boarding and deplaning and takes other appropriate actions to satisfy and complete order requirements promptly and accurately.
• Completes/records/transmits sale transactions, including those for cash, check and credit.
• Performs minor maintenance on ramp service equipment and facilities, and assures all adhere to established appearance, operation and safety standards.
• Completes selected airport safety and security inspections, as required and instructed by supervisory staff.
• Operates and maintains detailed familiarization with and proficiency in the operation of a wide variety of aircraft servicing equipment, including fuel service vehicles.
• Participates in baggage and cargo handling, passenger enplaning and deplaning and related ground handling operations for commercial service, general aviation and charter aircraft.
• Responds to requests for information and service from aircrews and the general public, while arranging hotel, transportation, catering and similar accommodations, as necessary, to satisfy service requests.
• Responds to a wide variety of routine and emergency operational situations as they arise and as instructed by supervisory personnel, while maintaining a positive, professional image of the Airport at all times.
Minimum Qualifications Required: High School Diploma or GED and one (1) year of work experience related to airlines, fixed base operator (FBO) operations, airport ramp service operations, aircraft fuel servicing, petroleum handling, or operating heavy equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Arizona Driver’s License is required.
About Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority
Applications and resumes are only accepted through our website.