Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Physical Design Engineer for Chips used in Qualcomm’s power management solution
* Responsible for all aspects of physical design and implementation from netlist to final GDS release.
* Participate in the efforts of establishing physical design methodologies and flow automation.
* Work on chip and block floorplan, power/clock distribution, chip assembly, P&R, and timing closure.
* Must possess 1-4 years of hands on experience in P&R from Netlist to GDS including timing closure and Physical verification.
* Good knowledge of industry standard Physical Design & Verification tools. Innovus, First Encounter, ICC, etc.
* Hands-on experience in floor planning, clock tree synthesis, timing closure, signal integrity, IR drop analysis, ECO implementation, and physical design verification
* Experience in Technologies nodes: 28nm, 14nm
* Good understanding of scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl.
* Good understanding of Extraction and STA methodology and tools.
* Good understanding of Physical Design Verification methodology to debug LVS/DRC issues at chip/block level.
* Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Self Motivator and excellent problem solving skills.
Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Science
2+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Bachelors – Computer Engineering, Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Electrical Engineering
2+ years experience with scripting tools and programming languages. ,2+ years experience with architecture and design tools. ,4+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience. ,2+ years experience with design verification methods.
ASIC Verification, Matlab C, Multicore System-On-Chip (SoC), Perl Programming, Simulation Software
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf)
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf)
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs (https://www.qualcomm.com/company/careers/faqs)
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here (https://www.qualcomm.com/employment-fraud-alert) to view our Employment Fraud Alert.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.