Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
The PMIC Senior Embedded Software Driver Developer develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. Modifies existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements. Designs, develops, and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.The responsibilities of this role include:• Working under close supervision.• Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.• Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.• Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.• Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.The responsibilities of this role do not include:• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).• Influence over key organizational decisions.• Role in strategic planning.
The Core Platform PMIC Software team in QCT (Qualcomm CDMA Technologies) division is looking for talented software engineer to drive our existing and future mobile chipset technology to success. The successful candidate will be immersed in a highly interactive and dynamic environment, interacting with cross-functional teams to capture product and SW architecture requirements, develop embedded SW and debug scripts/tools, triage system-level issues, and propose solutions while working on the latest cutting-edge technology. Responsibilities include:
· Design and develop and debug embedded software running on Qualcomm SoCs supporting the power management ICs (PMIC) . This includes device driver SW, debug tools and scripts for power regulation, battery management, system clocking, and various other user interface components such as camera flash, Haptics, backlight, and LEDs.
· Interact closely with cross-functional software teams to verify and debug software stability issues and features
· Engage in various optimization activities related to performance, power, and memory optimizations
· Participate in pre-silicon and silicon-on dock bring-up activities in the lab
· Collaborate with PMIC HW and Systems Engineering team to ensure the Core Platform PMIC SW meets the power and performance KPIs
· Perform image and system-level sanity test.
· Previous experience in embedded software development and device drivers
· Experience in developing software in C, C++, and assembly
· Experience in integration, software source control, and testing
· Working knowledge of real-time operating systems
· Experience with build systems (e.g., SCons)
· Knowledge in scripting languages (e.g., Python, etc.)
· Critical thinker with sharp debugging skills
· Experience in pre-silicon bring-up on simulation/emulation platforms is preferred
· Working knowledge in using JTAG, logic analyzers and Oscilloscopes for on-chip debugging
· Communication and collaborative skills
· Minimum of 2 years industry experience in embedded software development and/or integration.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc., 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience
2+ years experience with Database Management Software. ,2+ years experience with API. ,2+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization. ,1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above). ,4+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
Mathematical Methods, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Scientific Analysis, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Solutions
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf)
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf)
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs (https://www.qualcomm.com/company/careers/faqs)
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here (https://www.qualcomm.com/employment-fraud-alert) to view our Employment Fraud Alert.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.