Supervises the daily operation of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Elder Center. Provides a caring environment for older persons and the support to motivate them.
- Supervises the daily operation of the Elder Center Nutrition and Caregiver Support Programs.
- Oversees the distribution of food.
- Orders supplies.
- Takes meal reservations.
- Plans leisure, health and educational activities for center participants.
- Keeps accurate records of meals served.
- Attends weekly director’s meetings and monthly director meetings.
- Prepares department budget and quarterly and annual reports.
- Provides a caring and welcoming environment for program participants and the public.
- Works cooperatively within the office, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, and other agencies; as needed
- All other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all minimum requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Must possess a Valid Kansas driver’s license and be insurable with the Nation’s insurance within 90 days of hire.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment.
- Associates Degree in Nutrition
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of agriculture/horticulture techniques.
- Knowledge of data collection, tracking, recording and analysis.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others, including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone, computer and operating systems, computer software programs (Microsoft Office programs), fax/copier machine
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline oriented environment
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to enhance job performance and knowledge.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 20 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday
BACKGROUND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation with adjudication
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.