We are seeking a Director of Operations to join our team full time (with an immediate start date). This position will report to one primary Managing Director, but will work closely and collaboratively with our growing, dynamic team.
The Director will be an integral part of the senior management team and be responsible for spearheading and maintaining the key processes that will allow the firm to run and grow smoothly. This role will involve systems thinking from an operations perspective, and will take the lead on coordinating all of the dimensions of the firm. This position will drive improvements in the operational, managerial, administrative, and reporting structures of the company. In the early days of the position, this role will also be the lead in managing HR and hiring processes. At times the Director will attend and represent PCG at various industry events and will need to be able to articulate and represent our firm’s investment philosophy, suite of services, and vision.
Candidates should be naturally curious, comfortable working independently, and have a vivid interest in sustainability, conservation, food systems and natural resources. Individuals should be entrepreneurial, mission-driven, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The Director must be proactive, have excellent leadership and people skills, be process-driven (and very detail oriented), and feel comfortable leading and supervising a multidisciplinary team. Candidates must demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and discretion.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing business operations at all levels of the firm, with a focus on firm, business line, investor, client, and key stakeholder work flows
- Set comprehensive goals and reporting for the firm, business lines and team members
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage a regenerative mindset
- Overseeing operations of the company and the work of executives, including improving time management and work flow
- Interpret firm data and metrics and strive for continuous improvement
- Manage key relationships with partners/vendors, as needed
- Participate in firm expansion activities as needed
- Staff and manage junior staff as they relate to key operations functions
- Participate in all firm required training and compliance programs
- Attend relevant industry events as related to job function
- Expand knowledge of operations and other relevant skills through ongoing training
- Follow all firm compliance procedures
Please find the full job description here: https://provenancegroup.io/job-openings/
About Provenance Capital Group
Founded in 2020, Provenance Capital Group (PCG) is a financial services firm, based in San Francisco, that focuses on allocating capital into regenerative natural resource enterprises. We question the assumption that the capital markets should be driven by short term financial thinking. Instead, we collaborate with clients, companies, and other stakeholders to transition to an economy that is focused on a bottom line that includes people, planet, and profit.
VISION: A more equitable and regenerative allocation of the world’s resources
PCG: To be the trusted guide that will evolve alongside investors and direct investments to build a better world
HOW: We offer our clients deep expertise, bespoke guidance, superior access, and trusted partnership. We achieve our mission by:
- Providing business strategy and capital raising services to regenerative businesses and enterprises
- Supporting investors to identify and evaluate mission-aligned natural resource investments