TITLE: REPORTS TO: LOCATION:
Registered/Certified Dental Assistant Dental Director
Anav Tribal Health Clinic /Quartz Valley Indian Reservation
To be Negotiated Full or Part Time
Summary: As a component of the health clinic. The goal of the dental clinic to serve the members of the Quartz Valley Indian community and the surrounding community in a compassionate and respectful manner. In order to provide the best denial service possible for the community, we require the person hired for this position to assist the dentist during examination and treatment of dental patients by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Prepares dental patients, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepared materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
2. Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
3. Exposes, develops and monitors dental diagnostic x-ray as directed by the dentist.
4. Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations.
5. Pours, trims, and polishes study casts; fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions; cleans and polishes removable appliances; and fabricates temporary restorations.
6. Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
7. Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
8. Provides and explains postoperative instruction prescribed by dentist.
9. Records treatment information in patient records.
10. Polishes clinical crowns of erupted teeth as directed by the dentist.
11. Applies protective coating of fluoride to teeth when directed to do so by
12. Maintains x-ray equipment and solutions.
13. Inventories and orders supplies and materials for the back office.
1-1. Maintains dental equipment and coordinates repair of equipment when necessary.
15. Place sealants as directed by dentist (ERDA CERTIFICATION)
16. Attend and actively participate in staff meetings.
17. Other duties assigned by the dental director or dentist as required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
Education and/or Experience: Associate ‘ s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or six months to one-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rule, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization or community groups.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software and work-processing software and be able to learn how to use Dentrix, RPMS or other computer software effectively and accurately in order to perform these computer-based tasks:
• enter all charting data
• take, display and store x-ray images
• produce statements. invoices, receipts (perform billing and collection)
• produce reports (including GPRA data)
• schedule patients and
• other computer-related tasks assigned by the dental director or dentist as
Certificate5y Licenses, Registrations: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified; Licensed Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) or Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) required; (CDA) required; Certified in coronal polishing; current California x-ray license. If required to drive personal vehicle for the Anav Tribal Health Clinic, must possess a current/valid Department of Motor Vehicle California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job. the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk and hear, The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.