Ana Tribal Health Clinic
Quartz Valley Indian Reservation
9024 Sniktaw Lane Fort Jones, CA 96032 Phone: (530) 468-4470
Fax: (530) 468-4478
TITLE:Certified Medical Assistant
REPORTS TO:Nurse Supervisor
LOCATION: Anav Tribal Health Clinic/Quartz Valley Indian Reservation
SALARY:Negotiable, Depending on experience
CLASSIFICATION:Full or Part Time
SUMMARY: Assists medical providers: Physician and Family Nurse Practitioner in an outpatient clinic during examination and treatment of medical patients by performing duties outlined below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Preparing patients for examination:
2. Measure and records vital signs, collects specimen, prepares examination rooms, selects and lays out medical supplies, provides routine information related to medical treatments and procedures and assists the medical providers;
3. Retrieves laboratory test results and patient files;
4. Maintains medical equipment and orders and maintains inventory of medical supplies;
5. Assists with client referrals to outside service providers;
6. Performs clerical functions and data input into the Resource Patient Management System related to medical activities;
7. Other duties related to medical activities as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION DESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS:
2. The medical assistant will comply with HIPAA and other federal, state, local, and tribal privacy regulations, as well as maintain the highest degree of confidentiality in client and staff matters;
3. Candidate must have the ability to work in a team oriented environment;
4. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate good judgment and excellent customer skills;
5. Have good analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Candidate must be a high school graduate, with at least two years’ experience in a medical clinic;
2. Experience providing first aid services, EKGs, phlebotomy, hearing and exercise testing;
3. A medical assistant’s certificate is required; also, CPR certification, Phlebotomy certification, First Aid certification
LANGUAGE SKILL: Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals; able to write routine reports and correspondence; able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software and word-processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified. If required to drive personal vehicle for the Anav Tribal Health Clinic, must possess a current/valid Department of Motor Vehicle California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach hands and arms, stoop, kneel,
crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be mad to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESS: Supervisor and responsibilities of for performance of duties will determine extent of authorized access to Billing and Medical records.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: The Anav Tribal Health Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class, political affiliation, or belief.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934, (Title 25, USC Section 472). Verification Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. (No other form of proof will be accepted for Indian Preference).
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the attached job description. My signature below certifies that I am able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. I have also discussed any accommodations that I feel I might need to allow me to perform these functions. I agree to abide by all administrative and medical policies and protocols of the Health Clinic.
To apply, submit application and resume to: QVIR/Anav Tribal Health Clinic, 9024 Sniktaw Lane, Fort Jones, CA 96032. Fax: (530) 468-4478. Applications may be obtained by contacting: Health Administration (530) 468-4470