POSITION: Child Support Financial Specialist
LOCATION: Makwa House – Red Cliff Child Support Services Agency
WAGE: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly (DOQ), Plus Benefits
SUPERVISOR: Child Support Director
THIS IS A REGULAR FULL-TIME NON-EXEMPT POSITION
JOB SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for providing financial services for the Red Cliff Child Support Services Agency. This includes reviewing daily reports, processing adjustments, providing customer service for case account inquiries, and entering court orders into the WI KIDS Computer System. This position requires a high attention to detail, the ability to work within deadlines and the ability to understand and explain complex financial transactions to the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain client financial accounts and records for the Child Support Services Agency on the State of WI KIDS computer system or other automated system(s).
2. Document contacts, correspondence, and record all actions taken for each case utilizing the automated KIDS system and/or related filing system.
3. Interpret and enter financial & non-financial data for new and/or modified child support orders in the KIDS or other automated system(s).
4. Process and enter adjustments and reconciliations to case accounts.
5. Work financial related reports on a daily, weekly & monthly basis and follow through with necessary action.
6. Identify, correct, and update various interface demographic information between KIDS, CARES, eWisacwis, etc. and updates the KIDS system to allow proper distribution of child support.
7. Verify financial court order calculations prior to hearings, attend court hearings to prepare interim financial summaries and testify in court when necessary.
8. Respond to client inquiries relating to the financial aspect of their case.
9. Process and mail income withholding orders, amended IWOs, suspensions and/or termination notices to employers.
10. Communicate with employers to resolve non-payment issues and verify health insurance availability.
11. Produce and mail monthly statements to Custodial Parent’s (CP’s), Non-Custodial Parent’s (NCP’s) as requested or required.
12. Locate parents, employment information and assets using available locate tools and practices.
13. Perform review and modification functions of existing child support orders.
14. Performs mouth swabs for genetic testing when the Child Support Case Manager is unavailable.
15. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Red Cliff Child Support Services Agency policy, Federal Child Support Regulations, and IRS Safeguarding Guidelines.
16. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
17. Must sign a confidentiality agreement and attend annual security awareness training.
18. Assist in the development or revision of agency policy and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
19. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: None
1. Of Laws, rules, regulations, procedures, documents, and terminology related to child support activities.
2. Principles, methods, and techniques of effective interviewing, negotiating and case management.
3. Methods, techniques, and resources of locating persons and investigative research.
4. Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation.
5. Business arithmetic and business letter writing including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
6. Office administrative practices and procedures.
7. Record keeping principles and practices.
8. Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, often where relations may be confrontational or strained.
9. Knowledge of Native American Tribes and the uniqueness of the Red Cliff Community.
1. Preferred: An Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other business field with 2 years practical accounting and data entry experience.
2. An equivalent combination of education or equivalent work experience in Human Services, Corrections, Child Support, Law Enforcement, Legal/Paralegal profession that would provide the required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
3. Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
4. Expert knowledge of all functions within Microsoft Office applications.
5. Prior experience in an office setting, using standard office equipment (i.e., computer, fax, scanner, multi-line telephones, intercoms).
6. Excellent written, verbal communication skills
7. Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare concise, clear reports when required.
8. Must be dependable, possess initiative, and capable of working independently.
9. Must be able to multi- task, exercise good judgment, meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure.
10. Eligibility for State of Wisconsin Notary Certification.
11. Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters.
12. Ability to deescalate stressful situations involving often upset individuals.
13. Must be willing and able to obtain additional program related education and training, with the ability to travel for the purposes of child support related trainings and meetings.
14. Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and appropriate vehicle coverage and maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment. Be eligible to be put on the tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Considerable daily contact will be made with the general public, child support participants, program directors and staff, and the Tribal Community.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Physical requirements include sitting for extended periods of time, walking, bending, stooping, and lifting items and files of approximately 35 lbs. or less. Work may include extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and/or operating a keyboard. Because of security standards, staff are required to vacuum, Swiffer, remove refuse, and work together to keep offices and secure areas of the building clean and orderly.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: All Tribal Buildings are smoke free.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Candidate must have the ability to travel and attend meetings and/or trainings; overnight and out of town, both locally & nationally.
BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDE: The vision, goals and objectives of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa requires that the employee performs in both a professional and personable manner. The manner in which the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each customer, visitor and fellow employee is a requisite of successful job performance. Any behavior or attitude that tarnishes the image or name of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa will be subject to immediate disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Indian preference will be applied in the case of equally qualified applicants, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
This job description is subject to change at employer’s discretion, after consultation with the employee.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: The following items are required for this position:
1. Completed Tribal Application, to include work history and references, available on the Tribal website.
2. Tribal Background Investigation Disclosure; available on the Tribal website.
3. Consent to Release Liability and Reference Information Form; available on the Tribal website.
4. Cover letter and resume.
5. Post-secondary transcripts or certifications; if applicable.
POSTING DATE: July 8, 2021
DEADLINE: July 22, 2021 @ 400 pm
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Human Resources Department
88455 Pike Road
Bayfield, WI 54814
Ashley Poch, Human Resources Director ext. 4268 or
Diane Cooley, Human Resources Coordinator ext. 4267
The Red Cliff Community Health Center is a Drug-Free Workplace in accord with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, P.L. 100-690, and has a Drug-Free Workplace Policy in effect. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
All applicants for employment with the Red Cliff Tribe will be subject to the background investigation and other requirements of RCCL Chapter 43, and are under a continuing obligation to supplement the application for employment with information concerning any convictions that occur after commencement of employment with the Tribe.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE – FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
THE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
1. A Health Insurance Plan which is through the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB). FEHB is offered for both single and family coverage. Employees considered to be full time status will be required to pay 12% of the premium for the plan selected.
2. The Dental package is through Delta Dental. This benefit is offered at no cost to the employees with single or family medical coverage.
3. Short Term Disability is offered to all employees at no cost and pays 60 % of weekly pay for a maximum of 90 days if you get sick or injured off the job.
4. Life insurance of $15,000 is included at no cost to all employees. Spouses are covered at $7,500.00 and children are prorated. Employees can purchase additional life insurance from the plan provider at their own cost.
5. Profit Sharing Plan with a 401(k) component is offered to employees after one year of work, with a minimum of 1000 hours. The Tribe puts 3% of employee’s wages into the Profit Sharing Plan.
6. The Tribe also offers General Leave to Full time employees. Employees will accrue 16 hours of General Leave per month and can accumulate up to 192 hours per year. After 5 years of employment, General Leave goes up to 20 hours per month with a maximum of 240 hours.
7. The Tribe observes a total of 11 paid holidays.
About Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
The Red Cliff Tribal Council adopted the following mission statement on December 5, 1994.
The Tribal Council mission is "to promote, plan and provide for the health, welfare, education, environmental protection, cultural preservation and economic wellbeing of Tribal members and to protect treaty rights now and into the future."