POSITION: Project Manager, Facilities
LOCATION: Red Cliff Public Works Facility
WAGE: $20.00 per hour, plus benefits
SUPERVISOR: Public Works and Facility Maintenance Administrator
THIS IS A REGULAR FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT POSITION for 36 MONTHS
JOB SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for management and oversight of facility renovation projects related to American Rescue Plan funding. The person will also assist the Facility Maintenance Department in the identification, planning, and administration of other projects related to facility improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the improvement of tribal facilities including construction, mechanicals, etc.
2. Schedule the projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Coordinate with engineers and other Tribal staff on project plans, specifications, and estimates (including archeological, environmental, and right-of-way documents).
3. In coordination with Tribal attorney, review and revise contractual agreements with funding agencies and with architects, consultants, and contractors.
4. In coordination with the finance office, prepare reports, payment requests, and budgets. Document project activities and ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
5. Inspect project sites and ensure conformance to design specifications.
6. Direct subordinates in monitoring of projects. Confer with supervisor and other Tribal management members on current and future projects.
7. Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
8. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: None.
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools and equipment used in the construction field. Knowledge and experience of the practical application of relevant engineering science and technology.
1. Minimum 5 years education or work experience or combination of in Project Management.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
3. Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
4. Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to collaborate and engage staff, Tribal community, and the Tribe’s external partners in a positive manner.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills are required for interaction with members of the public utilizing the transportation services of the Red Cliff Tribe.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with others, as well as the ability to follow specific instructions.
7. Individual must possess a valid driver’s license, and appropriate vehicle coverage and maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment and be eligible to be placed on the Tribal vehicle insurance policy.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Tribal Administration and contractors.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Primarily office position that may require, bending, lifting and reaching. May need to lift up to 100 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: All Tribal Buildings are smoke free.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to travel and attend meetings and trainings; overnight and out of town, both locally and nationally. Position may require some local travel up to a 100-mile radius by vehicle for parts and material pickup.
BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDE: The vision, goals and objectives of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa requires that the employee performs in both a professional and personable manner. The manner in which the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each customer, visitor and fellow employee is a requisite of successful job performance. Any behavior or attitude that tarnishes the name or image of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa will be subject to immediate disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Indian preference will be applied in the case of equally qualified applicants, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
This job description is subject to change at employer’s discretion, after consultation with the employee.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: The following items are required for this position:
1. Completed Tribal Application, to include work history and references, available on the Tribal website.
2. Tribal Background Investigation Disclosure; available on the Tribal website.
3. Consent to Release Liability and Reference Information Form; available on the Tribal website.
4. Cover letter and resume.
5. Post-secondary transcripts or certifications; if applicable.
POSTING DATE: June 11, 2021
DEADLINE: June 25, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
88455 Pike Road
Bayfield, WI 54814
(715)779-3700 ext. 4268 or 4267
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a Drug Free Work Place Policy and adheres to the intent of the Drug Free Work Place Act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
All applicants for employment with the Red Cliff Tribe will be subject to the background investigation and other requirements of RCCL Chapter 43, and are under a continuing obligation to supplement this application for employment with information concerning any convictions that occur after commencement of employment with the Tribe.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE
THE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
1. A Health Insurance Plan which is through the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB). FEHB is offered for both single and family coverage. Employees considered to be full time status will be required to pay 12% of the premium for the plan selected.
2. The Dental package is through Delta Dental. This benefit is offered at no cost to the employees with single or family medical coverage.
3. Short Term Disability is offered to all employees at no cost and pays 60 % of weekly pay for a maximum of 90 days if you get sick or injured off the job.
4. Life insurance of $15,000 is included at no cost to all employees. Spouses are covered at $7,500.00 and children are prorated. Employees can purchase additional life insurance from the plan provider at their own cost.
5. Profit Sharing Plan with a 401(k) component is offered to employees after one year of work, with a minimum of 1000 hours. The Tribe puts 3% of employee’s wages into the Profit Sharing Plan.
6. The Tribe also offers General Leave to Full time employees. Employees will accrue 16 hours of General Leave per month and can accumulate up to 192 hours per year. After 5 years of employment, General Leave goes up to 20 hours per month with a maximum of 240 hours.
7. The Tribe observes a total of 11 paid holidays.
About Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
The Red Cliff Tribal Council adopted the following mission statement on December 5, 1994.
The Tribal Council mission is "to promote, plan and provide for the health, welfare, education, environmental protection, cultural preservation and economic wellbeing of Tribal members and to protect treaty rights now and into the future."