Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the CFO, the position performs professional level accounting services and supervision to the accounting support staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of RSIC accounting records and reports. Responsible for ensuring compliance with RSIC financial and accounting policies and procedures in all aspects of supervision and responsibilities. Provides support and assistance to RSIC management staff as needed regarding accounting services, procurement requirements, and programmatic financial reporting. Reporting directly to the CFO, performs related work as assigned or delegated by the CFO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, directs and reviews the day to day accounting work and operations of the RSIC, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable including billing and customer services.
- Personnel management includes hiring, evaluating, training, and disciplining direct subordinates.
- Responsible for the monthly billings, collections, notices and reconciliations of all G/L accounts. Other financial transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and in conjunction with Federal, State and RSIC guidelines and laws; prepares and reconciles the balance sheet, compliance reports and other financial reports as needed.
- Responsible for day to day payments to make sure vendors and third parties get their payments in a timely fashion.
- Assists the CFO in implementing and maintaining the electronic fiscal records, financial accounting system software and initiate improvements/training for all users.
- Oversees and directs accounting staff to assist CFO prepare for annual single audit, other grantor reviews and/or other audits as required.
- Collaborates with CFO to formulate and implement short term and long term financial policies and procedures; develop departmental goals and objectives and administer the finance budget.
- Exercises prudent judgment on diverse and specialized accounting projects, prepares accurate financial statements and reports. Maintains chart of accounts, ensures accuracy of account codes by reviewing and approving work of subordinates before data is entered into the financial accounting system.
- May provide technical assistance to Program Managers in understanding financial reports and other accounting related matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or finance from an accredited college or University and/or three to five years of management or supervisory experience in financial accounting, preferable in governmental or Tribal accounting systems.
- Knowledge of organizational planning techniques including supervision and staff as well as goals and objectives and work standards; administrative principles and practices, program and budget development and implementation.
- Ability to work with software formulas, tables, and analytical review for reconciliation purposes.Must possess knowledge of GASB 34 and thorough understanding of principles and practices of generally accepted accounting principles, including financial statement preparation and methods of financial recording, reporting, and budgeting.
- Experience and working knowledge of the principles and practices of computer applications and accounting software (AccuFund) as applied to the accounting functions.
- Must be able to secure a bond, pass a security background check, and possess a valid Nevada driver’s license.
Please note: hiring preference is given to qualified members of the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony followed by members of other federally recognized tribes.
Reno-Sparks Indian Colony requires a designated candidate to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, and confirmation of references.
To apply, go to www.rsic.org and fill out an employment application.
Or email to:
About Reno-Sparks Indian Colony
Reno-Sparks Indian Colony is a federally recognized tribal government whose principal activity is the economic and social advancement of its people. The RSIC government and its entities recognize the responsibility to serve the community, which sustains its. As employees to the RSIC, we are committed to the provision of services and the performance of our respective duties in a fiscally responsible manner without favor to one over another.