Reports to Police Sergeant
Open until filled
Position Summary: Under direct supervision, this position performs general police work including but not limited to the enforcement of law and order, traffic enforcement and control, investigations, transports, and duties called upon to establish control in extreme conditions or those of an emergency, all within the boundaries of the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony.
- Performs routine vehicle and foot patrol in assigned areas;
- Answers calls for protection of life and property and the enforcement of tribal, state, or federal laws;
- Conducts investigations, finger printing, photographs, evidence collection, and the preparation of written reports in compliance with department policies and procedures;
- Appears in court to present evidence and testimony during the presentation and/or prosecution of cases;
- Transports prisoners to and from Washoe County Jail or to other assigned destinations; and
- Maintains effective relations with the community and the general public; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have Nevada State Category 1 P.O.S.T. Certification at time of hire;
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age at time of hire;
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D. certification at time of hire;
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of law enforcement experience with knowledge of police methods, procedures, and techniques, or completion of accredited college or university courses in criminology, police science, or law;
- Must be able to type a minimum of 45 W.P.M. at time of hire as evidenced by pre employment computer test; and
- Demonstrated oral and written skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lift, carry, pull, or push up to 100 pounds, ability to see with at least 20/20 corrected vision in one eye with a minimum of 20/30 corrected vision in the other eye, ability to stand, sit, or climb for prolonged periods of time, and hearing sufficient to communicate via two-way radio; and
- Ability to work overtime and on shift rotation from date of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring preference will be given to qualified tribal members of Reno-Sparks Indian Colony followed by members of other federally recognized tribes. Must pass and comply with the HR Policy 164.905- PL101.630. The Reno-Sparks Indian Colony requires a designated candidate to successfully complete a pre employment drug screen, criminal background check, and confirmation of professional references and certifications.
To apply for this position, please visit www.rsic.org and fill out an employment application:
or email to:
About Reno-Sparks Indian Colony
Reno-Sparks Indian Colony is a federally recognized tribal government whose principal activity is the economic and social advancement of its people. The RSIC government and its entities recognize the responsibility to serve the community, which sustains its. As employees to the RSIC, we are committed to the provision of services and the performance of our respective duties in a fiscally responsible manner without favor to one over another.