Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking DevOps Engineers of all levels, who will be developing and building out the infrastructure and tooling across all webapps and services for the Digital Commerce Platform. This is an exciting team working with software engineering teams from the ground up to build cloud-based solutions using the latest technologies, tools, and practices. The right candidate will be passionate about DevOps, CICD, Site Reliability, Automation and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Work across the organization and engineering teams to deliver high quality products and solutions that delight Rivian customers.
- Following Rivian established practices, implement tools and infrastructure for build-release-test automation and cloud-backend services.
- Develop and maintain tools & automation solutions for CICD workflow, continuous testing, software updates.
- Work with other multi-functional teams and convert business requirements into engineering requirements.
- Be responsible for tools and software development adhering to appropriate internal & external safety and security standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision.
- Be passionate about cloud computing practices and site reliability.
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation and define and implement on-call practices and procedures.
Qualifications – (roles to match experience)
- Several years in a technical role in SW engineering and DevOps functions
- Several years of experience with build tools (make, maven, gradle, blaze, pants etc.,) and build and CICD automation systems such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, Github-Actions etc.
- Experience using SCM like Git – (GITLAB, GITHUB or BITBUCKET) including writing webhooks, merge strategy and release management.
- Experience using configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef etc.
- Experience using infrastructure as code frameworks such as Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or Shell, or full stack took development using a variety of languages.
- Experience monitoring deployment components for health and uptime and working with service level indicators (SLI)service level objectives (SLO) using various tools such as: Grafana, Promethius, New Relic, AppDynamics, CloudWatch etc.
- Experience with docker and container-based deployments and maintenance.
- Experience with K8S (Kubernetes) and container orchestration preferably AWS EKS.
- Experience managing SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Ability to be creative/resourceful – to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or equivalent work experience.
Department: Digital Technology
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.