Title: IT Support Specialist
Supervisor: IT Executive Director
Salary: $19.22 – $30.02 per hour, FLSA Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday with some weekends / evening work
Duration: Based on available funding, part-time or full-time regular at completion of six month probationary period
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for performing routine technical tasks, such as installing, maintaining, supporting, testing, and trouble-shooting the organization’s hardware and software products, network infrastructure equipment, and telecommunications equipment. Under supervision of the IT Executive Director, the position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, telephones, and related technology. Support includes installation, inventory management, and testing of computer systems and peripherals.
Why work for Samish?
The Samish Indian Nation provides a very competitive compensation package, which includes medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, optional supplemental coverage plans, a 401(k) Plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and approximately 16 paid holidays. Best of all, we offer a great environment with passionate and caring staff!
Remote or Hybrid Work Arrangement potential
Flexible work schedule
Health insurance including medical, dental & vision
Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
Annual & Sick Leave
Paid holidays (up to 16+ days per year)
Paid jury, bereavement & cultural leave
Wellness & Employee Assistance Plan
401(k) retirement plan
Evaluations with potential wage increases at 6 months, 1 year and annually
1. Provides training and support to staff, resolving computer problems and diagnosing issues; receives and records trouble reports from staff and maintains service logs in the IT ticketing system
2. Installs, tests, and maintains hardware and software products; performs routine preventative maintenance tasks for computers, peripheral, and communication equipment
3. Processes equipment and service orders; assists in coordination of installations, set-ups, configurations, moves, and changes related to new staff and department changes
4. Monitors complete lifecycle support of desktop computers, including initial deployment, ongoing maintenance, and final data destruction and hardware recycling, and inventory. Generates department reports with recommendations for updates and replacements
5. Manages and verifies software, applications, and operating system patch management; tracks licensing of software installed, and recommends/performs upgrades and maintenance on systems to ensure longevity
6. Sets up network connections and mapped drives; manages desktop level systems, network permissions and connectivity, account resets
7. Assesses, installs, and configures telecom equipment, including phones, telecom wiring, terminations, and phone system configuration
8. Manages alarm system additions and deletions of user access. Troubleshoots alarm panel malfunctions and sensor issues.
9. Demonstrates excellent customer service and communication skills, while maintaining a clean and professional work environment
10. Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
1. Must possess a high school diploma or GED
2. Must have at least 1-3 years of helpdesk or desktop support experience
3. Must possess CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent work experience
4. Must be customer service orientated
5. Must be reliable, dependable, flexible, and able to work independently
6. Must have strong interpersonal communication skills (both written and oral)
7. Must have and maintain good knowledge about desktop hardware and software applications
8. Must have strong Interest in career growth through additional certifications and skills.
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive between sites
1. Working knowledge of Microsoft Intune, automated desktop application packaging and deployment and general scripting related to these fields
2. Working knowledge of Teams Phone System, VoIP equipment, networking standards, and cable types and terminations
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suite
**Obtaining full COVID-19 vaccination no later than 60 days from the hire date will be a condition of employment for all Samish employees**
Physical Demands: Long periods of sitting (60% of time); occasional bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, lifting, carrying, and pushing (20% of time); and occasional standing and walking (20% of time). Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50lbs. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to use office equipment with frequent repetitive motion such as writing, high-speed typing, paperwork-handling, and phone use. Must possess the ability to view print on a computer screen and/or paper document; the ability to speak and hear exchanging information with end users by telephone Mental/Visual Demands: Frequent mental and/or visual attention to task is required. Occasionally work requires heavy concentration. Frequent interruptions. Tasks involve eye-hand coordination. Working Environment: Work environment is mainly indoors with heat and some air conditioning. Must sit or stand at desk for the majority of shift. Unavoidable hazards/risks: Work involves exposure to electronic equipment, cabling, and wires; requires minimal risks which require safety precautions (using some cleaning chemicals for light cleaning). Protective clothing or equipment may be required (goggles, gloves, masks, boots, etc.)
Samish Indian Nation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or ancestry. Samish preference and Indian preference will be applied to the selection for this position as defined in Title 25, US Code Section 473.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This position develops, maintains, and is responsible for safeguarding the computer/electronic and hardcopy file folders containing sensitive and proprietary information about the Tribe and its members. The incumbent must maintain confidentiality of all work and files pertaining to enrollment, clients, survey results, and all other material that may identify individuals by name (either directly or by reference), as set forth by the Tribal Council in the Personnel Manual. Any violation in this matter may result in immediate termination of employment.
Please state your eligibility for Indian preference in your cover letter. Indian preference must be documented prior to interview or hiring. BIA Form 4432 or tribal enrollment ID may be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference.
All persons who are offered employment with the Samish Indian Nation must give permission for a thorough background check of previous work performance, motor vehicle history, credit history and criminal history, as well as a pre-employment drug screen.